Movie Resource!

Aus
Homosexual Juggernaut

Movie Resource!

Post by Aus »

http://tvfreeload.com/forum/

This site has hundreds of privately hosted movies available for download. They're all free, you don't even need to make an account on the website to get access. It has a working search feature as well. This place has a better selection than most torrent sites I've seen, and since it's all hosted on private servers it's a lot safer than torrenting. Enjoy!
Ferox

Re: Movie Resource!

Post by Ferox »

Not that it still isn't free, but no matter what I do it prompts me to register. . . so maybe they changed it?

EDIT: just don't go to the forums, so http://tvfreeload.com/
I feel like you raped my soul
Aus
Homosexual Juggernaut

Post by Aus »

Hm, I did make an account (weeks ago), and I'm still logged in to the site, but I don't remember it being necessary. Anyway, unlike some sites you don't have to post in each thread to get access to the links or anything, still fairly hassle free. Pro-tip: if there are Megaupload links available, they're usually best. Awesome server strength (about 200 kb/s at minimum, more likely about 600 kb/s during primetime hours and if you're a late night downloader, I've had them get up to 1300 kb/s) and no wait time at all between downloads. Rapidshare is good but tends to be slower, and has a static 15 minute wait period between any 2 files. Netload is also solid but can be slowish, and if your first download exceeds 150mb you have to wait an entire hour to start another. Depositfiles sucks dick, downtime is like 2 hours between files and the rest of the ones I see are usually either A) pay-only or B) pretty fucking sketchy looking.
Ferox

Post by Ferox »

Appears you can either download directly from the site by registering and paying a fee, or from the forums by registering with no fee.

You can browse via the site for easy selection and then simply choose to download from the forums, you just have to sift through the thread to find it. However I am confused as for example in the scrubs threads it just has links to rapidshare downloads among other hosts.

Are only certain ones hosted on their private server?
I feel like you raped my soul
Rensy

Post by Rensy »

WTB RAPIDSHARE ACCOUNT
Mysticfox

Post by Mysticfox »

Rensy wrote:WTB RAPIDSHARE ACCOUNT
Rapidshare accounts aren't worth it, especially since they recently lowered the limit on how much you can download. Usenet is the way to go for TV shows, movies, games & pretty much everything. The only things you might have trouble finding is older stuff, but that's what BitTorrent is for.

Instead of buying a Rapidshare account you should check out this deal:
http://www.news.astraweb.com/specials/kleverig-11.html

They offer unlimited usenet access with up to 20 simultaneous connections and free SSL, so no one can tell what you're downloading. They're also increasing binary retention to 240 days, which means anything posted to the newsgroups in that time frame will be available for you to download.

I've only been with them for a month but I've already downloaded more movies and tv shows than I've had time to watch. In fact, I downloaded more stuff in the first few days I was with them than I did in the entire month of January...

By mystikx at 2009-02-24
greekrefugee
ASSHOLE

Post by greekrefugee »

Usenet straight up owns. I switched over about a year and a half ago when Comcast first started packet shaping to combat torrents. I just got tired of it and said fuck it. Sure I pay for it, but I pay for everything else, so it's just one more bill. I can download whatever I want at the max my connection can handle. I've never even had trouble finding old stuff. Combine that with dirt cheap hard drives, and I just download anything I have even a vague interest in seeing. Shows in hdtv? Fuck it, why not.

I'd say Giganews is the best usenet provider. They usually push the limit for retention, and then other companies catch up. Combined with newzbin for easy searching and *.nzb creation, you're good to go. Karby turned me on to SABnzbd for download managing. It's a really lightweight, web driven interface with a lot of options for unpacking, parfile settings, etc.
Mysticfox

Post by Mysticfox »

Giganews is probably the best provider but Astraweb is definitely the best value. Giganews costs over twice as much for basically the same package. Unless Giganews increases retention again then Astraweb will have the same 240 day retention soon.

I have a Newzbin account as well, but I don't pay for premium credits because there's plenty of free sites that are reliable for NZBs. Usually its faster to subscribe to the newsgroups that have the stuff you want. You could also use a site like http://www.tvnzb.com/ with a reader that supports automatically downloading from a RSS feed to get the TV shows you watch without even doing anything.

Some ISPs even still offer usenet access for free, Time Warner Cable used to up until just recently.