Rael

Re: Harry Potter

Post by Rael »

I'm surprised you didn't just link that in a news post. :P
Xizorz

Post by Xizorz »

Hmm.

Well, John Thain, former CEO of now bought out Merrill Lynch, spent $1.2 million to redecorate his office.

The big ticket items Thain purchased include: $87,000 for an area rug in Thain's conference room and another area rug for $44,000; a "mahogany pedestal table" for $25,000; a "19th Century Credenza" in Thain's office for $68,000; a sofa for $15,000; four pairs curtains for $28,000; a pair of guest chairs for $87,000; a "George IV Desk" for $18,000; 6 wall sconces for $2,700; six chairs in his private dining room for $37,000; a mirror in his private dining room for $5,000; a chandelier in the private dining room for $13,000; fabric for a "Roman Shade" for $11,000; a "custom coffee table" for $16,000; something called a "commode on legs" for $35,000; a "Regency Chairs" for $24,000; "40 yards of fabric for wall panels," for $5,000 and a "parchment waste can" for $1,400.

Wonder what a $1400 parchment waste can is.
Ferox

Post by Ferox »

Xizorz wrote:Snape kills Dumbledore?
not that I didn't know, as I have read them all, but maybe mark that as a spoiler so you don't crush someone's spirit. I was told in 4th grade that aeris died in ff vii before I reached that part, and it ruined my week almost if I remember correctly.
I feel like you raped my soul
greekrefugee
ASSHOLE

Post by greekrefugee »

Like when I was reading our realm forums and someone posted "Snape kills Dumbledore" and I got so pissed that it was spoiled I turned around to my girlfriend and spoiled it for her, and then got no sex for a week.
quadkite

Post by quadkite »

Ferox wrote:I was told in 4th grade that aeris died in ff vii before I reached that part, and it ruined my week almost if I remember correctly.
Dude, I still remember being the freshman center in our high schools cafeteria when this fat shit Eric West ruined that for me. One of my favorite games and I never got over it being ruined!
Ferox

Post by Ferox »

quadkite wrote:
Ferox wrote:I was told in 4th grade that aeris died in ff vii before I reached that part, and it ruined my week almost if I remember correctly.
Dude, I still remember being the freshman center in our high schools cafeteria when this fat shit Eric West ruined that for me. One of my favorite games and I never got over it being ruined!
ya, one of my friends just casually asked me on the bus home from school "so, have you gotten to the part where aeris died yet?"

Horror story number two involving ff vii. I had a separate save file just before her death so i could watch it whenever I pleased. I went to go watch it after I had just finally bred my golden chocobo . . . and ended up saving over the file with the chocobo in my carelessness . . . two weeks of after school play down the drain so i plugged in the game shark right then and there.
I feel like you raped my soul
Rael

Post by Rael »

When I got to the part when Aeris died, my sister and I were crying so hard (sigh, it's good to be girls) that I wiped to Jenova and had to do the whole sequence over again.

God I loved that game. :)