Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin

Webin

Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin

Post by Webin »

This is another great fantasy series, but the guy hasn't written a book in 4 years so I am wondering what the fuck is up. I'm really hoping he writes something soon.
greekrefugee
ASSHOLE

Re: Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin

Post by greekrefugee »

This series is awesome. It is also one of the like five books that Kold has read. Do it.

Unfortunately, this dude is also old as fuck, and will probably die before he finishes it. w t f.

Rael

Post by Rael »

According to his blog, he's finishing Dance with Dragons, but it's taking him forever as he gets easily distracted.

I'm agreeing with Yuffie, dude is going to die before he finishes it. Fuck.
Azurai

Post by Azurai »

I've been told that he is me (under pen name of course) from the future, only a future where they still can't correct bad eyesight.
--Azurai

Lazloth

Post by Lazloth »

I finally got around to starting this series this weekend, and needless to say I devoured A Game of Thrones and immediately bought the rest. Quite looking forward to biting into the others.
(2:15:52 PM) Lazloth: i want
(2:16:04 PM) Lazloth: ...
(2:16:05 PM) Lazloth: something
(2:17:16 PM) Rael: Me too
(2:17:41 PM) Rael: But where do I find a car battery and a duck at this time of day
Rael

Post by Rael »

Link below is major spoilers. For you Laz in regards to our discussion today about Jon Snow and his parentage.

BIG ASS SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

http://www.towerofthehand.com/essays/ch ... rents.html
Lazloth

Post by Lazloth »

GRRM updated the Dance sample on his webpage from a slice from a Jon chapter, to a Daenerys sample. Just thought people might like to know and go snag it! Hopefully he hurries up and finishes the rest, but somehow I doubt we'll see it printed before late winter at the very earliest :(
(2:17:41 PM) Rael: But where do I find a car battery and a duck at this time of day
Yoro

Post by Yoro »

You're best off just reading the first three books and calling it a day. Even his editor just assumes this series will never be finished. The only reason book four came out was because she just took what he had in progress, and whittled a book out of it. This was originally a trilogy, and then just grew out of George's control.
Scopar

Post by Scopar »

greekrefugee wrote:This series is awesome. It is also one of the like five books that Kold has read. Do it.

Unfortunately, this dude is also old as fuck, and will probably die before he finishes it. w t f.
He's only about 62 or so though.

According to http://grrm.livejournal.com/tag/dance+with+dragons (his LJ), there's a chance it might come out later this year. Usually the release dates come from the publisher so you can't really take that for much but this was from the horse's mouth.
Yoro

Post by Yoro »

He's been saying that shit for years.
Lazloth

Post by Lazloth »

As much as I'm anticipating the rest of the series, I admit I am not doing so with much actual hope. By all accounts GRRM seems to mostly just enjoy stringing people along. I think I've mentioned before that the interviews I've read and comments of his I've come across indicate a pretty arrogant self important personality. One would think that for a storyline that was clearly imagined in full before he even began writing it, or at the least very near to that beginning, it wouldn't take 5+/- years per book, yet that isn't the case, and the ridiculous timetable seems to lend credence to my assessment. If true, it is quite tragic considering what an incredibly talented writer he is. If not.......well, its still annoying. I'm surprised the publisher lets him get away with it.
greekrefugee
ASSHOLE

Post by greekrefugee »

Isn't he also writing other books/series at the same time? For some reason I thought he was, and I attributed much of the delay for the Ice and Fire books to that. Not that that's a good excuse imo. Fuck the other series, finish this shit plx.
Lazloth

Post by Lazloth »

He writes these other...I don't know what to call them actually. A lot of them are collaborations with other people, and at first I thought they were graphic novels, but in reality they're just fuck-around books. At the least, a waste of both his time and ours. The "series" is called Wildcards, and there are quite a few of them. He's promoted the release of at least two of them on his blog in the last six months alone. Very frustrating.
Rael

Post by Rael »

Ooohhh...those make me happy!!