Chuck

Precizn

Chuck

Post by Precizn »

Feb 2nd is the start of the new season. This has been one of my favorite shows over the last few years. Sometimes I feel like they are reaching too hard to the geek (positive way) crowd, but its still one of the best stories on atm. I especially enjoy the chicks on show.

Also, has anyone that watches this actually gotten the 3d glasses? Supposedly the opener is gonna be in 3d.

Like or dislike?
Azurai

Re: Chuck

Post by Azurai »

It's an OK show. As you've said, they try too hard to connect to certain demographics (geek overall but sometimes other specific things in different episodes) and it comes off as overly corny from time to time.

Also the amount of sexual tension in this show could cause a quantum singularity and swallow the Earth and any time.
--Azurai

Aus
Homosexual Juggernaut

Post by Aus »

A couple people have recommended this to me but I have like 3 full series and 10 movies to get through and this kinda got put on the back burner. I don't know anything at all about it, what should I expect?
Azurai

Post by Azurai »

Best Buy worker turned into the ultimate subconsciously-stored database of intelligence and espionage secrets. Essentially, everyone who knows what he is wants to capture him and he often 'flashes' on random people who seem innocuous but happen to be super Russian nuclear arms dealers and stuff. It's fairly entertaining as a serial, I'm not sold on the overall story development though.
--Azurai

Lazloth

Post by Lazloth »

That was a pretty good explanation tbh. Its good enough to watch regularly, not enough to usurp the other shit at the top of your list though.
(2:15:52 PM) Lazloth: i want
(2:16:04 PM) Lazloth: ...
(2:16:05 PM) Lazloth: something
(2:17:16 PM) Rael: Me too
(2:17:41 PM) Rael: But where do I find a car battery and a duck at this time of day
Kold
Guild Leader

Post by Kold »

I found and watched this show around Christmas. As long as you don't take it too seriously, it's a really good show.
Rael

Post by Rael »

Caught up on this over the weekend, and I really liked it. The oddball geek culture references (come on seriously Rush!?, a sand worm costume!?) had me laughing. New episode tonight and I can't wait!
Empyrea

Post by Empyrea »

What is this show about?
ultra somnias, ultra memorias, omnia terminabit
Aus
Homosexual Juggernaut

Post by Aus »

Empyrea wrote:What is this show about?
A nerdy guy who works at a Best Buy type store (as a Geek Squad type employee) "becomes" an information database by accident via subliminal messaging and then has to be protected by an NSA agent and a CIA agent. Comedy ensues etc.
Hits911

Post by Hits911 »

Yvonne Strahovski is reason enough to watch this show.
Hitz
Aus
Homosexual Juggernaut

Post by Aus »

Hits911 wrote:Yvonne Strahovski is reason enough to watch this show.
Aus
Homosexual Juggernaut

Post by Aus »

This new season is pretty awesome so far!
Kold
Guild Leader

Post by Kold »

This and Dexter are my 2 favorite shows on TV. I dunno why but I love watching Chuck.
Hits911

Post by Hits911 »

Spoiler~~~
Spoiler~~~
Spoiler~~~
Spoiler~~~
Spoiler~~~

Yea, same. I think its all the geek culture with makes is appealing to gamers. I think my favorite episode was the one where he had to play Missile Command to Tom Sawyer, or the one where he finally scores with Sarah.

Often my favorite part of the show is the subplot with the Buy More employees, like the Fight Club reference this week.
Hitz
Kold
Guild Leader

Post by Kold »

The entire cast for the show is awesome. Chuck, Sarah, Casey, Morgan, Jeffster, Awesome, etc.