The Man From Earth

Aus
Homosexual Juggernaut

The Man From Earth

Post by Aus »

I found this movie about 2 semesters ago, when I was writing a paper about internet piracy, the story being that while obviously internet piracy tends to drive sales down, it did exactly the opposite for this film. Once a DVD rip was posted on a popular website, the sales nearly tripled over a couple months. The movie is super low budget and basically all takes place in one small room in a cabin, and some of the acting is a little meh but the idea and the plot are incredibly interesting. I recommended it to a few specific people I thought would appreciate it and they all did; it's a very intellectual movie, there's no action or even really any excitement that's driven by the movie itself. Instead it's 2 hours of considering a very interesting possibility. You can stream this from Netflix if you have it!
Azurai

Re: The Man From Earth

Post by Azurai »

Good movie, one of the few low budget movies that doesn't make you facepalm every other line. The entire movie centers around history and perspective, specifically one (long-lived) man's point of view.
--Azurai

Raeus and Ashra

Post by Raeus and Ashra »

This was great~ thx info! Sweet concept.
Raeus~
kAshra <3
Xerred

Post by Xerred »

I watched it, I thought it was ok, although I would have liked it if it was just a possibility and not reality. Its really a philosophy discussion rather than a movie.
Empyrea

Post by Empyrea »

HI XERRED
ultra somnias, ultra memorias, omnia terminabit