With Honor

Aus
Homosexual Juggernaut

With Honor

Post by Aus »

With Honor is a Connecticut hardcore band that put out 2 full length albums as well as one EP and one split, and they're probably my favorite band ever. It's basically straight up hardcore, no punk or metal mixed in really. Their first release, the EP (self-titled) was awesome, and then their full length (Heart Means Everything) was even more amazing. They released a split with The Distance which sounded amazing, and then promptly released a second full length (This is Our Revenge) which was nowhere near as good as their previous stuff, but still very solid. After that they broke up! If you're wanting to really get a feel for why I love the band check out More Than Heroes or Gun For Hire.

Gun For Hire: (4th song down)
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... dID=256974

More Than Heroes, this video is actually from a show I was at!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s_uh164I8s

Obviously the quality from the live clip sucks dick so don't hate on it too much!
greekrefugee
ASSHOLE

Re: With Honor

Post by greekrefugee »

Hm, somehow I missed this post. With Honor were fucking amazing. Now that I think about it, I vaguely remember you saying that you caught their last show in Danbury, right? I really wanted to catch that show, but school was raping me at the time. I think Life In Your Way played too, right? They're fucking sick also. A little more metalcore than With Honor. In the good, Shai Hulud sense, not the shit that's coming out now. Hm, I bet that show was fucking amazing.

I've been heading back to hardcore/melodic/post-hardcore lately, now that "metalcore"/tech death has been boring me. I'm kind of blown away at how many pretty good underground hardcore bands there still are.

On a positive note, if I can finish this fucking paper in time, I'll be catching Protest the Hero, Misery Signals and The Number 12 Looks Like You in Worcester on Sunday. I hear PtH are sick live, and Misery Signals' last album is still one of my favorite albums to come out in awhile.
Aus
Homosexual Juggernaut

Re: With Honor

Post by Aus »

They did a 4 show reunion tour in January 08 (as in in the NY/CT/Mass area). I caught the show in Danbury w/ Life in Your Way (With Honor singer plays guitar here), Ambitions (With Honor drummer does vocals, and I think a guitarist plays bass), Crime in Stereo (Really cool Long Island Hardcore band, more melodic than With Honor though, Explosives and the Will to Use Them is their best album) and Stab You in The Head which was a decent local band I think. I think they may have done one show around Christmas this past December in NYC, but I couldn't make it

A couple years ago I was at a With Honor show in Poughkeepsie and in the middle of the set, Todd (singer) stops the show, hands the mic to a kid right in front of him, who proceeds to propose to his girlfriend in front of like 150 people. The show after that (she said yes) was the most intensely energetic show I've ever been to, it was fucking sweet.