LOST

Aus
Homosexual Juggernaut

Re: LOST

Post by Aus »

Priz wrote:polar bears were probably used to turn the frozen donkey wheel and that's why charlotte found polar bear bones and a dharma tag in the tunisian desert
Out of context, that's kind of an odd statement.
Ermad

Post by Ermad »

I like watching Lost, this season has been interesting but its been sort of predictable. Like almost nothing happened last nights episode that you couldn't predict except for them getting back to the Island during Dharma's heyday instead of present time.

I always assumed the Polar Bear was just part of some scientific testing they were doing at one of the stations. Though it being used in someway with the time wheel device makes sense, since it dumped Ben in the desert when he used it.
Heed
Big Dick Georgian

Post by Heed »

Well the black smoke is a guardian to some temple on the island.
The polar bears probably got on the island when it moved one time
I thought last nights episode was good but I could really give 2 shits about how John dies so next week might suck.
Lazloth

Post by Lazloth »

With reference to Elvy's comment, the Jin thing sort of seemed retarded to me. Sorry but, that dude is dead. Somehow he's the sole survivor of this huge fucking shipsplosion and manages to make it out of the entire scrape no worse for wear aside from some mildly chapped lips straight into OH HI FRENCHIES?? I don't think so. I mean...I get they need a reason to get Sun to go back....but that reason is called being unconscious ala Ben with a blackjack, not magic super husband.

Oh, and if Kate doesn't get tossed back to the island and stripped back down to a wife beater soon, I'm gonna be upset. Too much little kid, too much clothing. Fuck civilization, I'll take the island.
(2:15:52 PM) Lazloth: i want
(2:16:04 PM) Lazloth: ...
(2:16:05 PM) Lazloth: something
(2:17:16 PM) Rael: Me too
(2:17:41 PM) Rael: But where do I find a car battery and a duck at this time of day
Xyrm

Post by Xyrm »

Lazloth wrote:Oh, and if Kate doesn't get tossed back to the island and stripped back down to a wife beater soon, I'm gonna be upset. Too much little kid, too much clothing. Fuck civilization, I'll take the island.
QFT. I did like how the last episode went, I really wanted to know what John did after he left the island.

Edit: Last night's episode on what happened to those on the island after lock "fixed" the time skips was good too. Definitely expected it to end with them discovering a different person.
Short summary of every Jewish holiday: they tried to kill us, we survived, let's eat!
Lazloth

Post by Lazloth »

I thought it was a pretty cool episode too, I'm curious to see what happens with our favorite little triangle, although i guess its more of a square now. While I will say that I'd happily fuck whats her face too, the fact is that Jack is a tool and doesn't deserve the good pussy - So somethings gotta give.
(2:17:41 PM) Rael: But where do I find a car battery and a duck at this time of day
Priz

Post by Priz »

finale tonight. anyone that hasn't seen the first 5 seasons should pick this up while in hiatus between 5 and 6. it's like 103 episodes but you won't regret it! tonight's finale should be incredible and season 6 should be as well. LOST should go down as one of the best television shows ever, get to watching it!

and for those that haven't watched it but aren't sure they want to, season 6 is the final season. the writers have a clear view where they want the show to go so you will have some incredible stuff to look forward to!
Last edited by Priz on May 13th, 2009, 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Champ

Post by Champ »

YAY!

I didn't like the beginning of this season mainly because it felt like they were dragging out the show too long, but it started to grow on me and it got pretty good mid season. Can't wait for tonight but I'm not going to watch it till Saturday because I can't watch Lost and kill this Freya cunt at the same time.
greekrefugee
ASSHOLE

Post by greekrefugee »

epic
Lazloth

Post by Lazloth »

The interspersion of Egyptian flavor is nagging at me. Is that business really necessary? Whats it even supposed to mean? Statues and ankhs and monster temples with hieroglyphics. Silly. I wanted a bit more from this season than we got.
Priz

Post by Priz »

Amazing really. I love a good cliffhanger but we have to wait nearly a year after THAT?!

Curling up into the fetal position as we speak... this is gonna be a looooong hiatus.
greekrefugee
ASSHOLE

Post by greekrefugee »

Lazloth wrote:The interspersion of Egyptian flavor is nagging at me. Is that business really necessary? Whats it even supposed to mean? Statues and ankhs and monster temples with hieroglyphics. Silly. I wanted a bit more from this season than we got.
Yeah, I'm torn really. Originally, I stopped watching the series some point in season two. After hearing friends verbally masturabate about it so much, I gave it another shot. I'm really drawn to things that establish a good mythos, without overdoing it. Usually, you get just enough backstory for a plausible foundation of otherwise inexplicable occurances in the story. Often it's obvious when that particular history is chosen exactly to provide for the plot. It's when that backstory, as simply a reason for the current actions of character, is elevated to a mythos that it really engages me.

Having said that, I don't know about the statue thing either. It has potential. The last season will literally define the direction of the whole series. The talk of hubris in that Atlantic article about Battlestar Galactica that I linked actually applies here too I think. As long as they don't get carried away and try to do something overdone or heavy-handed, it has real potential to be one of the best shows I've ever seen. On the flip side, I've always been drawn to early civilizations and their culture and mythologies, even before I got into linguistics/semiotics, so that's probably coloring it.
Intricacy

Post by Intricacy »

I was personally hoping for a Richard-centric episode before this season ended, oh well.
Priz

Post by Priz »

I think we will get more Richard info next season when they tie up all the loose ends.
Waynerio

Post by Waynerio »

Priz wrote:I think we will get more Richard info next season when they tie up all the loose ends.
they tie up loose ends with more loose ends! :(