Dexter *SPOILERS*

Raeus and Ashra

Re: Dexter *SPOILERS*

Post by Raeus and Ashra »

I think the show, overall, is a great modern-day myth, aka a Superhero Tale. From his lingering after-death father, his "dual" identities, the "healed madman" philosophy of overcoming his "weakness/hunger", the sordid past and long lost brother~ all of these elements, to me, are very well done.

*more spoilers*

I can agree that the last season seemed to end poorly, ohh the skinner just fell in front of the cop car, the end. Great. I am sure there was evidence of Dexter being there, but I guess they got the killer and all is good...? I liked Dexter taking in a sidekick again (last bitch was crazy), but I am still waiting for the one that really connects with him without totally dissapointing him. The latino A.D.A. (can't remember his name already, how impressionable..) that coupled with him during this season was not even close to being as disciplined and so forth, but it still would have been a sweet team-up; almost a Gordon to his Batman.

He just needs to tell Rita that he owns serial killers after baiting them. In all honesty, he's done well so far without bringing too much harm to his "family".

And fyi~ the seasons are too short. Or if they are going to keep this format, expand more of the story and spill it into multiple seasons. I dislike when others try to finish or fit a story into segmented chapters of equal length. I've never read a book where the chapters were always the same amount of pages... but I guess this isn't a book. They should've kept the brother alive as some sort of ongoing nemesis imo..
Raeus~
kAshra <3
Lazloth

Post by Lazloth »

As far as Rita finding out goes, they could probably write it in honestly. She's such a pushover of a character, despite pretending that "now" she's gonna be this big tough single mom no matter what. After they made her so stupidly forgiving about the affair and faked drug addiction, they really established her as having a weak core, enough so that if they get desperate they can probably make her an accomplice of sorts, at least as far as knowing about it goes, Harry-esque, etc. That said, I hope they don't. I'm not a big fan of the character, but its certainly a needed dimension. My little brother is in love with her anyways, and I'd hate to see him crushed. Personally....I tend a bit more towards
"(last bitch was crazy)"
....but my taste in women has been questioned before.

and rofl:
Dude she's Zoolander.
(2:15:52 PM) Lazloth: i want
(2:16:04 PM) Lazloth: ...
(2:16:05 PM) Lazloth: something
(2:17:16 PM) Rael: Me too
(2:17:41 PM) Rael: But where do I find a car battery and a duck at this time of day
Araes

Post by Araes »

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=346943&gt1=28103

'Dexter' brother and sister are husband and wife
Jan. 9, 2009, 5:06 PM EST

NEW YORK (AP) -- They play brother and sister on "Dexter." Now in real life, Michael C. Hall and Jennifer Carpenter are husband and wife. Hall's spokesman, Craig Bankey, said on Friday that the couple eloped in California on New Year's Eve. They'll walk the red carpet together at the Golden Globe Awards on Sunday — the first time publicly acknowledging their relationship.

Hall, 37, and Carpenter, 29, just finished the third season of "Dexter," the Showtime series in which Hall plays the murderous title character. They've been quietly dating for about a year and a half.

At their wedding, Carpenter's grandfather's wedding band was attached to her bouquet of white roses.
Bye-Bye
Lazloth

Post by Lazloth »

What the fuck, seriously? I guess love really is blind. WOULD NOT TOUCH. Ok maybe just a little, but she wouldn't be allowed to look at me. And I wouldn't marry her. For serious.
(2:15:52 PM) Lazloth: i want
(2:16:04 PM) Lazloth: ...
(2:16:05 PM) Lazloth: something
(2:17:16 PM) Rael: Me too
(2:17:41 PM) Rael: But where do I find a car battery and a duck at this time of day
greekrefugee
ASSHOLE

Post by greekrefugee »

Yeah. I mean, she's not like, the girl you won't introduce to your friends. But she could use some meat on those bones. Srsly.
Champ

Post by Champ »

greekrefugee wrote:Yeah. I mean, she's not like, the girl you won't introduce to your friends. But she could use some meat on those bones. Srsly.
Elvy

Post by Elvy »

started watching the episodes i missed out on last season, man i love this show. I still think rita is sexy as hell and agree that deb needs some meat on her. i missed the part where the new black female head of the police came in though...
Tluas
Number One Asshole

Post by Tluas »

"You're not a man 'til you've pulled a tooth out with a pair of pliers."
-Captain Phil Harris of the Cornelia Marie
Tluas
Number One Asshole

Post by Tluas »

there might or might not be a pre air release of s4 e1 out
Intricacy

Post by Intricacy »

stream at ninjavideo.net
Ferox

Post by Ferox »

decent premiere
I feel like you raped my soul
Waynerio

Post by Waynerio »

this show is badass
Tluas
Number One Asshole

Post by Tluas »

s4 is shapin up to be my favorite
Hits911

Post by Hits911 »

Yea, last episode was pretty crazy at the end.
Hitz
Empyrea

Post by Empyrea »

Where can I stream this without getting keylogged by Intricacy's dumb site?
ultra somnias, ultra memorias, omnia terminabit