Aus
Homosexual Juggernaut

Re: Dexter *SPOILERS*

Post by Aus »

Yeah I was kinda disappointed as well!
Priz

Post by Priz »

it was fine imo, but I admit when the wedding was happening I just kept waiting for something big to happen and it never did.
Aus
Homosexual Juggernaut

Post by Aus »

Yeah I guess I just felt like it was very anti-climatic. The episode essentially ended halfway through and it was just sorta filler bullshit for the rest. I didn't hate it but I just wish it had been as exciting as season 2s end.
Tluas
Number One Asshole

Post by Tluas »

I just wished they would have kept the momentum they built up in the previous 2-4 episodes. Things were getting really intense there for a bit. Then it just seemed like they ran out of money, closed up all the loose ends and called it a season.

I just had beef with the last episode. The rest of the season was good. There was a lot of mind games being played the whole time which I really dug.
"You're not a man 'til you've pulled a tooth out with a pair of pliers."
-Captain Phil Harris of the Cornelia Marie
Lucelia

Post by Lucelia »

Of course you guys wouldn't like the mushy wedding scene and the thought of Dexter becoming a father! =p
Tluas
Number One Asshole

Post by Tluas »

Lucelia wrote:Of course you guys wouldn't like the mushy wedding scene and the thought of Dexter becoming a father! =p
See I didn't mind that. I was more upset about the fact that Ramon thing was just like, "lol you are saved! think of your family!" and the dumb anticlimatic shit with the Skinner. I knew the wedding was gonna happen but I was hoping it would be a little bit more hectic, like him missing cause the skinner kidnapped him and everyone freaking out cause hes not there and stuff like that.
"You're not a man 'til you've pulled a tooth out with a pair of pliers."
-Captain Phil Harris of the Cornelia Marie
Ferox

Post by Ferox »

Seemed rushed, like they could have developed the last two or so episodes into about twice that, as the skinner thing ended far too abruptly . . . as it was said "anticlimactic"
I feel like you raped my soul
Elvy

Post by Elvy »

this has been the best new show ive seen in a long time (for me its new damn you). entourage, scrubs, the office and dexter is what i look forward to each week.
greekrefugee
ASSHOLE

Post by greekrefugee »

I feel like almost every show I've been following lately has suffered from this. Californication...what...the season is over? Entourage could have wrapped it up a bit better. Same for Dexter. Great season, but I don't want seasons to just flow into each other. I prefer clearly delineated stories, so each season is kind of like a chapter. In that regard, seasons 1 and 2 of Dexter delivered. Granted they want to avoid the trap that 24 fell into where every season just blends together, so now we're watching Dexter evolve. Who knows. I think some shows need short life spans to preserve their intensity. That's why I love Cowboy Bebop. Enough time for character development, exploration, side stories, but short enough that confrontation builds, some mysteries are solved, and the plot comes to a conclusion. I almost feel like most shows pander to the idea of explaining everything eventually, whereas a good story often leaves questions. For me the best books, movies, shows, anime, etc are the ones that build a mythos and are somewhat cryptic.
Lazloth

Post by Lazloth »

I guess I just felt like it was very anti-climatic.
Tluas wrote:
Lucelia wrote:Of course you guys wouldn't like the mushy wedding scene and the thought of Dexter becoming a father! =p
See I didn't mind that. I was more upset about the fact that Ramon thing was just like, "lol you are saved! think of your family!" and the dumb anticlimatic shit with the Skinner. I knew the wedding was gonna happen but I was hoping it would be a little bit more hectic, like him missing cause the skinner kidnapped him and everyone freaking out cause hes not there and stuff like that.

This is all pretty much where I was at too. The skinner ending was just sort of a cop out, I was really hoping for....expecting, something elaborate and/or wild with regard to miguel, some kind of table turning or something to bring him down. Instead he just sort of killed off both in a relatively boring way. I've also really been waiting for something to happen with his dumb whore of a sister, but they keep dragging that shit out. Not that anything could really change the character anyway since the chick is such a poor "one-look" actress. IS SHE SAD? IS SHE SCARED? IS SHE HAVING AN ORGASAM? I CANT TELL.
(2:15:52 PM) Lazloth: i want
(2:16:04 PM) Lazloth: ...
(2:16:05 PM) Lazloth: something
(2:17:16 PM) Rael: Me too
(2:17:41 PM) Rael: But where do I find a car battery and a duck at this time of day
Rael

Post by Rael »

I was okay with this season. It started out slow, seemed to pick up about halfway through, then I thought the ending was rushed. For once (and hopefully next season) I would like to see someone find out about Dexter, or for him to have someone who comes in and helps him see things different AND NOT END UP ON HIS TABLE NEXT TO A BONESAW.

Also, I don't like Rita. At all.
Elvy

Post by Elvy »

im betting he will have to get rid of his wife sometime down the line. there i said it.
Aus
Homosexual Juggernaut

Post by Aus »

I think the point of the Rita character is to try and keep Dexter attached to and in touch with "normal." Without her character, nothing really prevents him from having to hide who he is, as his work is fairly morbid in nature. I don't especially 'like' the Rita character either but I can see why she's necessary.
Rensy

Post by Rensy »

Lazloth wrote: Not that anything could really change the character anyway since the chick is such a poor "one-look" actress. IS SHE SAD? IS SHE SCARED? IS SHE HAVING AN ORGASAM? I CANT TELL.
Dude she's Zoolander.