Coffee

What? You say there's life outside of WoW?
Rensy

Re: Coffee

Post by Rensy »

Wow you just accurately described my life but I don't even bother with the girlfriend.
Wintermute

Post by Wintermute »

Kold wrote:I drink 1-2 cups of black tea, 3-4 cups of green tea, and 1-2 cups of white tea a day. I only have coffee if I'm out w/ someone who wants to go to Starbucks.
Tea is an acceptable alternative to coffee under any of the following circumstances:

1) You are a Woman.
2) You are not American.
3) You are Captain Picard

Kold, straighten up and fly right.
greekrefugee
ASSHOLE

Post by greekrefugee »

Rensy wrote:Wow you just accurately described my life but I don't even bother with the girlfriend.
you might want to look into that. just a suggestion.
Rensy

Post by Rensy »

hahahaha.. I just realized how awesome that sounded.

Speaking of coffee-- I just went to get a mocha from the place down the street and the girl that works there (college town) was in a poetry class with me last year. I didn't think she would recognize me, but she didn't even have to ask my name! She just wrote it on the cup. I'm not a handwriting analysis expert, but from the looks of the curves, she's trying to seduce me.
Cyniel

Post by Cyniel »

Does she have a hot sister?

Hook me up.
Donjo

Post by Donjo »

I prefer breakfast blends. Seattle's Best and JavaCity are probably my favorite brands but I'm no coffee connoisseur. No cream or sugar for me since I'm not a woman... though I am going to start a Tea thread to go with this so that cancels out any manliness gained by drinking black coffee.
Rensy

Post by Rensy »

You gotta get black coffee extra song with a shot of espresso. Kills you.
Raeus and Ashra

Post by Raeus and Ashra »

Metzer wrote:I have never tasted coffee in my life. Save for "coffee cake" which tasted like vanilla cake with chocolate that had ass sweat dripped on it.
Same with Ashley and myself. We have only begun drinking Tea~ and enjoy it =) I stay away from soda and coffee - I get jitters and can't stop shaking my leg with Soda c_C Tea is the only thing with caffeine I can drink without going bonkers and in some cases actually helps me contemplate.

Rensy, you've probably built up your tolerance to caffeine (like one can for any stimulant/drug). Sadly, our American culture/laws only present a few options of stimulants to it's citizens; coffee, alcohol, over-sensitizing media and ciggerettes. There are so many more options available to the unhinged mind.
Raeus~
kAshra <3
greekrefugee
ASSHOLE

Post by greekrefugee »

hm, we should start a ketamine/mescaline/etc thread
Dezzi

Post by Dezzi »

It's 3 AM, and I'm here at school CADing still...

So JavaCity has an outpost in our Library on campus, and I need some caffeine to help get me through the night.

Hot Brainless Chick Behind the Counter: "What do you want?"
Me: "Coffee"
Her: "What kind?"
Me: "Just straight black coffee..."
Her: "So what flavor do you want?"
(((Mind you this is at 3 AM, and I've been staring at a computer for the past 18 hours)))
Me: "I really don't care, just regular coffee..."
Her: "Well right now we have Hazelnut Delight, Creme Brulee, Vermont Maple Crunch, and Highlander Revel!"
(((At this point, her plastic smile, prepubescent voice, and the hollow look behind her eyes is seriously causing me to lose faith in mankind)))
Me: "Fine, just get me some of that Hazelnut stuff."
(((The only flavor that didn't sound as though it included a free vagina)))
Her: "Alright, did you want any extras on that? Whipped creme, or chocolate shavings?"
(((I'm starting to suspect that the whistling noise I hear when she speaks is really the air swirling around her empty skull.)))
Me: (mumbles): "Nah, just point me in the direction of the razorblades so I can slit myself."
Her: "What?"
Me: "Just point in the direction of the napkins in case I spill anything on myself."

Sigh... what's this world coming to when wall-street is $700 billion in debt, and yet we demand $3.50 cups of designer coffee from some mindless fuckwit with a pretty smile? /boggle
"Teaching aggro control, one kitty-hump at a time."
greekrefugee
ASSHOLE

Post by greekrefugee »

Somone needs a tug. I always liked the break of chatting with the girls at the coffee shop, especially during those end-of-the-semester coding marathons that I definitely don't miss.
Rensy

Post by Rensy »

Ah yuffie, my favorite optimist ^^
Dezzi

Post by Dezzi »

greekrefugee wrote:Somone needs a tug. I always liked the break of chatting with the girls at the coffee shop, especially during those end-of-the-semester coding marathons that I definitely don't miss.
Yeah after I turn in this project I should try to tap that. This chick seriously can't be that hard. Pretty sure if I handed her some pills and told her they were for dieting she would believe me! >=D
"Teaching aggro control, one kitty-hump at a time."
Tojara9

Post by Tojara9 »

When I was seven I was at a local hockey game and my aunt decided it would be a good idea to go get some hot chocolate. She came back, handed me what I presumed was hot chocolate and I took a big gulp of it only to realize that something was horribly wrong.. it was coffee not hot chocolate. I spit it in her face and told her she was a bitch for trying to pass it off as hot chocolate. Since that day I have yet to even touch coffee as the smell of it alone makes me sick ;/

I will however drink tea from time to time.
Rensy

Post by Rensy »

I have the same story but it was whiskey, my father, and I was 5.