Suggestions / Bug List [Updated 4/28]

arkinia
The Elitist ©

Suggestions / Bug List [Updated 4/28]

Post by arkinia »

(I'll continue to try and consolidate this list so it's usable)
Updated 4/28

-buff bot not finished
-potion vendor needs to have more on him
-Bilge is not spawning in Caldron
-Need to either add back in Manastone (to evil eye?) or add it to a quest. Maybe add a "better" manastone for later game use?
-hard to cap skills with 4x XP rate (auto learn skills on level or increase skill gain chance)
-Shared plat in bank wasn't working, need verification, possibly no fix.
-outdoor spells can be used indoors.
-May need more database updates for non PEQ 1106a stuff.
-Possibility of a time limited, health limited #zone
-Autoscribe fucks up spell books
Sol A is messed up, Lavastorm under world?
Traps may be bugged?

Completed Bugs:
-FIXED nektulos forest portal from PoK drops you under the world -- Get client map update
-FIXED newbie armor quest guys not finished -- they are now complete
-FIXED need nightly cvs updates of new content -- I have solved this issue
-FIXED Consider bumping up mana regen rate slightly -- changed to +25%
-FIXED Orb of infinite void drop rate was broken -- moved to 100%
Biffins

Re: Suggestions / Bug List [Updated 4/28]

Post by Biffins »

-Shared plat in bank wasn't working, need verification, possibly no fix.
Yes that is the case. However, not a major deal since someone can hold money for you if it is unable to be fixed.
-outdoor spells can be used indoors.
I think this is also true. Be careful when you attempt to fix that as it may mean we cannot use our JBOOTS indoors, which may or may not be your intention.
quadkite

Post by quadkite »

I figured out what was wrong with my lavastorm. I had changed a zone file (lavastorm.eqg --> lavastorm.eqg.bak) to get it to work on the Jest server, but I changed it back and it works now.

Zoning into SolA from lavastorm is still broken.
Raeus and Ashra

Post by Raeus and Ashra »

The plate armor given out to a Froglok paladin cannot be worn

Can only choose diety of mith marr.. this stuff is for rodcet nife. =)
Raeus~
kAshra <3
Biffins

Post by Biffins »

One small suggestion:

Please add the following potions to the main potion vendor, at their current purchase price (about 4-5pp each iirc) since the ones these spawn on are miles away:

Cloudy Potion
Potion of Lesser Accuracy

Thanks
quadkite

Post by quadkite »

Raeus and Ashra wrote:The plate armor given out to a Froglok paladin cannot be worn

I'm not sure how erich fixed this for some of the other classes armor sets. Will have to ask him to do it again!
quadkite

Post by quadkite »

Autosplit cash option. Under the General Options menu, you can enable auto-splitting cash with your group. However, every time you zone this gets turned off.

Can anyone figure out why this is the case? I can't be sure if this is a server-side issue or a client-side problem, but I think everyone seems to be having it.
arkinia
The Elitist ©

Post by arkinia »

quadkite wrote:
Raeus and Ashra wrote:The plate armor given out to a Froglok paladin cannot be worn

I'm not sure how erich fixed this for some of the other classes armor sets. Will have to ask him to do it again!

Just set diety for the item to 0 in the items table in the database. Erich should know how to do it.
Biffins

Post by Biffins »

Crypt spawns, removing some placeholders or reducing chance of PH:

Named spawns:
Baron Yosig (ph: skeletal baron)
Heirophant Prime Grekal (ph: skeletal hierophant)
Arch Duke Latol (ph: skeletal duke)
Harbinger Freglor (ph: skeletal harbinger)
Emperor Chottal (ph: spectral harbinger)
Blood of Chottal (ph: skeletal duke)

Another suggestion: Change class of mob "Imperial Crypt Guardian" from cleric to warrior or something else. They blind, heal through walls, and it is annoying!

Finally, as a general thing, it seems like respawn rates are almost double/triple what they used to be. Even though it can be nice for named spawns, it is terrible for roamers/trash and such with our often small parties. So I suggest we up the respawn rate to 2x what it is now. And if it is seriously effecting named repop rates, we can single out those guys and up the repop rates or something.
Biffins

Post by Biffins »

Add throwing weapons to the vendor in POK, similar to how he carries arrows for people who can use bows.

preferably these two, since they are cheap/not overpowered:

Tiny Brass Shuriken
Velium Throwing Knife
quadkite

Post by quadkite »

Tiny Brass Shuriken, Velium Throwing Knife added to Apu in PoK

Sebilis spawn changes:
Changed spawn chance to 75/25 from 50/50 -- Baron Yosig (ph: skeletal baron)
Changed spawn chance to 75/25 from 50/50 -- Heirophant Prime Grekal (ph: skeletal hierophant)
Changed spawn chance to 75/25 from 50/50 -- Arch Duke Latol (ph: skeletal duke)
Changed spawn chance to 75/25 from 50/50 -- Harbinger Freglor (ph: skeletal harbinger)
Changed spawn chance to 70/15/15 from 33/33/34 -- Emperor Chottal (ph: spectral harbinger)
Changed spawn chance to 75/25 from 50/50 -- Blood of Chottal (ph: skeletal duke)

As for respawn rates, no idea if these were changed across the board. I have seen some quick respawns though.

As for the Imperial Crypt Guardians issue:

Blind sucks, if we can make it so the duration of blind is halved, I would be all for it. Because it sucks! It's currently preventing clerics and warriors from completing their epics (without GM assistance) because the King/Queen room is filled with cleric mobs that chain blind and wizards that nuke for 1k.

Also, there is no NPC pathing/LOS data in any zone. This causes the following symptoms:

-Mobs do not run away at low health, because they don't know where to run, so they just keep fighting as if they are rooted.
-Mobs do not run when feared, but since there is a stun component to fear, they just stand there and bend over.
-You cannot LOS dodge npc spells (not sure if you could do this in live EQ)
-Mobs heal through walls/floors 10x more often than they did in live EQ
-Mobs agro through walls/floors 10x more often than they did in live EQ

I'm not sure what could be done about these issues short of adding pathing/LOS data to each zone, but that would be a nightmarish undertaking. Right now, most groups rely on fear for CC since we can't rely on an active enchanter or bard for every group. So I think nerfing fear is a bad idea.

We might just have to suck it up with the rest of those issues =/
quadkite

Post by quadkite »

The Trial of Execution in the Plane of Justice has been fixed (thx Karby for your help!)

The timer on the "a_sentenced_prisoner" was set to 30 seconds (per wave). Hardly enough time to burn down 4 mobs. This has been changed to 2 minutes. If anyone happens to know what the real timer is supposed to be, let us know and we can change it again.

I've tested it an the boss spawns after the 4th wave. He drops 6x[Mark of Execution] each time. His timer is set to 6 minutes (this was not changed).
Biffins

Post by Biffins »

Please change ghoul assassin to either 75% or 100% spawn rate, as it sucks ass to camp this just for a stupid DE mask. Second, remove the dirk he drops, or lower its drop rate to make the mask way more common.
quadkite

Post by quadkite »

Ghoul assassin spawn rate upped to %60 percent (was 15 for some reason). Mask drop rate is %80, I'm gonna leave it at that.
izanagi

Suggestion

Post by izanagi »

ok, so while server was down today i checked out this server called "Storm Haven" and they had some cool as hell things I wana suggest.

First, they had 3 items you could buy off the fun vendor for free that were sick. The first one was a 20second cast time complete heal symbol (unlimited charges) and the other was a 20second cast time Full Mana symbol (unlimited charges). I can see the mana one as being too good especially since we have lifestones, but the complete heal symbol is awesome if you are playing a melee type and dont wana box. Hell, even with a 30 second cast time it would still own on either one of these bad boys. The third item is a beginner luck charm, a charm slot +5 to all stats and resists, +5 mana/life regen, see inviz, and clickble 10 second cast time gate. The life and mana regen might be too powerful, but the 10 second gate and stats are damn nice.

Second, they had free teleport NPCs all around the Nexus area that were representations of the critter in a spot. So there was an orc for Crushbone, solusek for PoF (need to be flagged for it to work), etc. The awesome thing about it was also that under the NPC's name was both the name of the zone and the level range. So for the crushbone orc, it said lvl 1-20. For those of us who havent played EQ in ages, that is simply sick. Especially since Nexus has a PoK book in it as well. Plus should be pretty easy to add since we can X-Copy Storm Haven's idea.

Anyway, the mana and health symbol, and the teleport Npcs are my 3 suggestions. Later guys.

Luis
There once was a woman from perth...
swore she'd do it for noone on earth...
but she fell without scandal,
to a red christmas candle,
and was always less choosy henceforth