Question & Suggestion about Exp Rate

Biffins

Question & Suggestion about Exp Rate

Post by Biffins »

Sorry this is its own thread, but its a combo thing

I got Biffins to 50 in like under a day of total play time, so perhaps our EXP is too fast in hindsight. Like, if we want to ever kill Vox or Nag, then we have to be below certain level (i think 52 or below) and I can't do anything on Biff or help anyone now or I'll go past the limit. Also, I think Tluas got 50 in half a day, fucking overpowered druids.

One more thing that should be noted: I think its 10x easier to level a healing class of some type since u can manastone/fungi heal while others have to actually wait a good bit of time between kills. I'm not sure if removing manastone/fungi is a good idea since they do remove a lot of the annoyance out of leveling, just tuning down the exp rate would fix it. But there needs to be something that helps melee / non-healers level faster, to offset the lower exp rate. Perhaps adding faster weapon/casting skillups would fix that.

Last thing which is more of a question: Can we maybe set a level cap on the server at 50 so people can help others out without gunning past the pack? I mean I only really got to see 2 zones before I hit 50 (Lguk & Unrest). Some other compromise maybe, but just throwing that out there.

Eric
quadkite

Re: Question & Suggestion about Exp Rate

Post by quadkite »

I agree in lowering the xp rate, but not by too much. Right now i think its at 5x, i would like it to be 4x.

Once you hit 50 though, you can set all your xp to go into AA points, so you can still xp grind if you want but you wont gain levels, only AAs. I haven't played aroudn with AA's much but some of them look pretty neat.
Orim

Post by Orim »

We're gonna kill Vox, Phinny, and Naga with no problem...

There are only like 10 AA's for level 52s..
Biffins

Post by Biffins »

Ok, what is the actual level "cap" that I have to stop at so I don't disqualify myself from Vox/Nag? 52 or 53? i don't remember exactly

Edit: And how the fuck do AA's work? Like are they sort of equivalent to talents in WoW only you get EXP to fund them? I stopped playing originally when AA's came out
Orim

Post by Orim »

52 for vox and naggy, 65 overall i think

you put xp into AA system, you get AA points, you put the points towards abilities; for people under level 55, they are like +2 to stats... but there are others for later levels; check Alt Adv in your character window
Aus
Homosexual Juggernaut

Post by Aus »

A game where healers level faster than anyone else?

Where do I sign up?
Tluas
Number One Asshole

Post by Tluas »

Yeah definitely feel 5x is a bit much. 15-40 in unrest was pretty lol. The whole melee thing definitely needs to be addressed though. When I was dinkin around on my Monk it felt like things just took longer to die and I had a much more difficult time leveling. In the time it took me to get 15 on my druid the same amount of time only got me to level 8 on my monk.

Another suggestion would be to add some basic/shitty jewelry to vendors as well just to fill the slots early on.

Also, is there currently a modifer in place for roots/snares? It seems like mine NEVER fades. I don't mind but it really makes leveling easymode. :P
"You're not a man 'til you've pulled a tooth out with a pair of pliers."
-Captain Phil Harris of the Cornelia Marie
Biffins

Post by Biffins »

Ya TL i noticed the same thing. Not only that, but an unfortunate "bug" based on how the server is set up is that fear spells don't actually fear the mob, it is just a ridiculously long stun. So that teamed with roots (which cleric has!) makes it ez mode to level up.
Aus
Homosexual Juggernaut

Post by Aus »

WOULD YOU STOP CALLING HIM TL
Biffins

Post by Biffins »

no
Aus
Homosexual Juggernaut

Post by Aus »

well

ok then.
Talisen

Post by Talisen »

Some sort of damage shield buff would help out the melee a ton. This, of course, brings me to the Ring of Dain Frostreaver IV! It doesn't have many stats and it has a 10 damage shield/10 regen self buff!
arkinia
The Elitist ©

Post by arkinia »

I changed XP rate to 4, and AA XP rate to 2.75 (friday afternoon). Any feedback on that?
Talisen

Post by Talisen »

The XP rate is much better, it gives people time to level together and explore old zones.

The AA XP may be a bit slow.. but I may just be thinking that because I've lost a few almost full bars due to zoning.
quadkite

Post by quadkite »

Talisen wrote:The XP rate is much better, it gives people time to level together and explore old zones.

The AA XP may be a bit slow.. but I may just be thinking that because I've lost a few almost full bars due to zoning.

Lost bars due to zoning?