The Moose Story

General Forum for the Public
Milu

The Moose Story

Post by Milu »

The Moose Story

So, some of you may have been there (Thundax, Pogs, Fab?) to hear the original Moose Story on Ventrilo a year or more ago. Others may have heard mention of it in the past. But for most of you, this will be a first time true Maine Story tale filled with action and horror and a squeeze of Geeman-story-of-the-day all wrapped up in one. Actually the story sucks, that’s why it’s being posted here.

It was some time ago when I logged on to vent really early one morning and Dax, Pogs, and a few others had been up all night PvPing or something. It seemed to me they were all at least slightly intoxicated, or maybe just high on life, or just crazy, but people were telling stories left and right. Somehow the line of stories got onto worst accidents they’ve ever seen or something of the sort and I remembered a story from my home town in Maine a few years ago. Thus, in a daze of sleepiness and drunken companions the Moose Story was born.

So, this girl who went to my high school four years ago went to visit her boyfriend late at night at his house a few towns over. It was around 2 or 3 in the morning when she headed home. She was speeding down a little backwoods road with no houses or lights in sight and all of a sudden a moose appeared on the road in front of her. She hit the breaks as hard as she could, but everyone knows girls suck at driving, so she just hit the Moose, totaling her car and leaving her with two broken legs. Her cell-phone wasn’t getting any signal, and no cars passed by at all, so she somehow found the strength to drag herself almost a quarter mile to the nearest house where she found help.

It’s a little tragic, not really all that funny, but it was told and there was much laughter on Vent. I guess there is a flavor of “dumb bitch!� to it, but I suppose it could happen to anyone. Take it or leave it.