Back-to-back maintenance days?

General Forum for the Public
Joonibal

Back-to-back maintenance days?

Post by Joonibal »

I am a bit confused:

Are we having maintenance a day early or are we going to have one tomorrow as well? I just got up and WoW forum site is down :?
Baker

Post by Baker »

I'm hoping that they are doing maintainance on the forums first so that we can spam the forums tomorrow while we wait for the server mainainance to finish. Also praying they will fix my slow motion issue with a quick patch tomorrow, but I guess I haven't been in slow motion for a full three months yet, so I guess that's just too much to ask :-/
Joonibal

Post by Joonibal »

Duh, I just re-read and saw only the FORUMS are down. Reading comprehension for the win!
Leica

Post by Leica »

Baker wrote:Also praying they will fix my slow motion issue with a quick patch tomorrow, but I guess I haven't been in slow motion for a full three months yet, so I guess that's just too much to ask :-/
What's your slow motion issue? Is it just a high loss of framerate?

If it is, and you have an ATI graphics card, try the drivers at omegadrivers.net

They fixed all my problems with framerate/video lag.
Baker

Post by Baker »

no, it's a primarily dell inspiron 5150 issue, although some other machines have the problem too. When the February 15th patch came out, all of a sudden my toon started running in slow motion, then normal, then slow then normal again etc. It changes like every 5 seconds or so. Also, mobs are never where they appear to be, because it's like my machine is on a different clock than the server's. A ton of people have this problem, and I would say it's 90% Inspiron 5150 users, 10% other (including Alienware, and some desktops). There's been a post going on the tech support forums and I have been in contact with blizzard, and one of hteir senior gms told me about 2 weeks ago they think they found a solution to the problem but it was not going to be released in last week's patch. I'm hoping it gets released in a small patch tomorrow, but I doubt it will. I've lost most hope for it to ever be fixed. It's not a framerate issue though, my framerate is pretty stable throughout. Also, it's a GF card :) I appreciate the suggestion though.
Leica

Post by Leica »

Bummer.

The patch before last introduced some major framerate issues with ATI cards in many cases, I found that those drivers solved 99% of the problem. Figured I'd toss it out as a suggestion.
Mirkendargen

Post by Mirkendargen »

I can "speed hack" with my laptop. If i start it up on battery power, it throttle's the cpu speed. If I then plug it in and start WoW, the cpu speed throttles up when it starts doing the 3d graphics of WoW, but WoW seems to think it is still running at the original slower speed. The result is random shifts from day-night in game, me running ~15% faster, spell icons looking like they are ready befre they are, and finishing griff rides before they are supposed to finish resulting in a 10-45sec (depends on length of flight) pause when I land before I can move.
Meldred

Post by Meldred »

Mirkendargen wrote:I can "speed hack" with my laptop. If i start it up on battery power, it throttle's the cpu speed. If I then plug it in and start WoW, the cpu speed throttles up when it starts doing the 3d graphics of WoW, but WoW seems to think it is still running at the original slower speed. The result is random shifts from day-night in game, me running ~15% faster, spell icons looking like they are ready befre they are, and finishing griff rides before they are supposed to finish resulting in a 10-45sec (depends on length of flight) pause when I land before I can move.
I'd be careful with that because they will perm ban your account if they catch you without warning.
Baker

Post by Baker »

Mirkendargen wrote:I can "speed hack" with my laptop. If i start it up on battery power, it throttle's the cpu speed. If I then plug it in and start WoW, the cpu speed throttles up when it starts doing the 3d graphics of WoW, but WoW seems to think it is still running at the original slower speed. The result is random shifts from day-night in game, me running ~15% faster, spell icons looking like they are ready befre they are, and finishing griff rides before they are supposed to finish resulting in a 10-45sec (depends on length of flight) pause when I land before I can move.
Funny you mention that. If I go into my BIOS and turn OFF Intel Speedstep, instead of slow motion, normal, slow, normal, I run fast, normal, fast, normal. The problem is that when I am in slow motion or fast motion, MOBs are never where they appear to be. So I get a lot of "Target needs to be in front of you" even though it looks like I'm staring the MOB right in the face. So back when this all happened, I e-mailed a tech support guy, and he said that if going in fast motion instead of slow makes the game a little more bearable, then I should leave speedstep turned off. 2 days later they banned my account for speedhacking. After about 10 phone calls and about 100 e-mails, I got my account back and worked with the techs and GMs on trying to get the issue fixed. But as of right now, I am still in slow motion. I was also told I can't do the fast motion "fix" anymore. Basically, I think the worst part of the game is when I die, cause it takes FOREVER to run from graveyards in most of the high level places. But I do appreciate the idea about the drivers. I'll take ANY suggestions anyone comes up with. But most of them I've probably tried before.

On a side note, Mirk, is your laptop a Dell Inspiron 5150? I remember reading that one of you VM guys had one in your forums a while back.
greekrefugee

Post by greekrefugee »

baker, your comp doesn't work because you touch little boys

get it straight
Baker

Post by Baker »

<sigh>