World of Warcraft Legion

General Forum for the Public
Azurai

Re: World of Warcraft Legion *updated with survey*

Post by Azurai »

We are doing 25 Blood Elf Demon Hunters right?
--Azurai

Barlockk

Post by Barlockk »

I just noticed this, and depending on the hours/schedule, I'm probably in. Last expansion I raided for a short time on Mannoroth with Reckoning, which had ex-VM Varnius as the GM. I've been raiding casually this expansion with pre-VM friends in a 2 day guild, but I'd love to play with everyone again. It'd be nice to be on the same page with people in terms of where we all generally are with life phases. Both the Wed/Sunday and extended Sunday raid sound fine to me.
With regards to the PVE/PVP question, I've recently been on, of all things, a RPPVE server, and, though it's a little strange, I've never had a more relaxing experience in WoW. I can strongly recommend my current server, Wyrmrest Accord; it's medium pop, and EST.

Bar
Serwyn

Post by Serwyn »

This sounds great, but as my second kid just arrived last month not sure when I could join in, when i can make it work I would love to join in for some fun. So count me in for a maybe.
Webin

Re: World of Warcraft Legion *updated with survey results!*

Post by Webin »

Voting results are in!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-D5M3YDJS/

So from the looks of it between the 4 hour and 5 hour Sunday raid we had 10 people. The 2/3 and 3/3 hour raid days had 16 people combined for that. I think the best thing to do would be to pick the 2 hours Wednesday and 3 hours Sunday time as our raids. I have a feeling the people who voted 3 hours Wednesday and 3 hours Sunday would be alright with that.

Alliance and PVE won out with the PVE vs PVP being a closer call. I'd like to find a high population PVE server and that's what we can do. If you have really strong feelings on the pvp vs pve vote please post and make your case on why you think we should do pvp instead. I'm going to setup a teamspeak server in the next few days and we can have a general meeting on teamspeak in 2 weeks on Sunday (April 24th 5pm PST 8pm EST). I'll send out another mass email once the TS server is setup and feel free to hang on it.

I know many people haven't played WoW in forever so I was hoping we could get our raid force warmed up with some of the current raids if people wanted to. I'll also make a post for our class makeup so we hopefully don't go into raids with 17 rogues.
Aus
Homosexual Juggernaut

Post by Aus »

Don't count on me for this guys, I likely cannot make any Sunday raids and I'm not sure if I'd be able to do any Wednesdays either. I didn't vote in the poll because I didn't wanna influence any decision I couldn't be a part of. I may still level and fuck around in Legion but I'm not even sure I'll do that.
Webin

Post by Webin »

Damn Aus, you got a crazy D&D group happening on Sundays? It's all good man even if you come hang out to chat :) Tell us that story of that chick who blew you for free gas and what else is new with you.
Tirne

Post by Tirne »

Count me as a maybe. I'm still undecided about returning in general. If I did I'd probably just transfer my warrior tank to the server as opposed to starting fresh.

Hulks/Tirne
ColdSun

Post by ColdSun »

Its great to see some of the old VM members returning to WOW. It really brings back fond memories.
Mirkendargen

Post by Mirkendargen »

I just found out about this from the email. Put me down as a maybe!
Xaba

Post by Xaba »

I'm interested... Currently holy pallying all casual-like on Zuluhed (Horde).

Looks like that email stirred up a lot of familiar faces..
Xearoii

Post by Xearoii »

I'm interested if a spot is available. Currently inactive on Stormrage (DK), will transfer.
Fabalous
DOTA Feeder

Post by Fabalous »

Didn't have time until tonight to see this post and follow up.

Not having the option for spontaneous pvp might really kill it for me to be honest. It's a big part of what I did during down time and with a casual schedule it means I will need more things to do to fill my free time if I am in wow.

I'd really prefer a pvp server to pve just because it gives you the opportunity to go out and ruffle some feathers for fun where as on a pve server that's not an option at all really.

Some quick pros and cons:

PvP:
-can get ganked while leveling
-can get ganked while farming(fuck over dailies)
-can get ganked while running to instance
-can waste your time if some dbag/group of dbags has it out for your alt/you
+can do the ganking
+gives you a way to deal with someone farming your shit
+provides entertainment during the down times

The two bold things are the biggest contrasts, at least in my opinion, for positives and negatives of PvP.

It will suck dick being a smaller guild and pissing a group of people off who are either highly skilled or just plain out number you and you need to get your dailies done. It can also make profession leveling and farming a bit irritating at times. But generally PvP doesn't happen all that to often when you think about it and you don't spend most of your time doing stuff in zones where you can get ganked over time. If the server/bcluster favors your factions population you probably won't have to deal with much of any pvp during dailies.

There are also ways with dealing getting around being ganked that also usually coincide with getting dailies done faster - doing them with a few people. When I was doing dailies in the last few expansions I honestly avoided pvp out there like the plague and hated getting ganked, it rarely happened though. I still wouldn't want to trade it for the opportunity to stir up some shit though!

The way I see it is you spend a very small amount of time doing dailies, leveling and doing professions - this generally comes at the start of an expansion and after a new content patch. A majority of the time you are going to spend in an instance or capitol city(especially during down time). For this reason I can deal with the stress of possibly being ganked during the aforementioned if it meant opening up the possibility for world pvp. But if everyone is dead set on PvE.... well I guess there will never be another Felwood/Isle of Quel'danas anyways :(

This is just my mindset coming from someone who has always liked pvp. I'd be interested in hearing others opinions on this matter who chose PvE. I can see the appeal to log in and be guaranteed to get your shit done without being ganked - stress free, but it also guarantees that others, like myself, will never be able to do ganking as well.
Kilj

Post by Kilj »

Bonechewer hasn't been the same since 2009. I was never a part of the old VM, but the best days I ever had playing WoW were during BC and WotLK interacting with the old crowd. I'd love to reroll on vol'jin with you guys. :)
Webin

Post by Webin »

I voted PVE but I don't really care one way or another. I just want people to be happy on w/e server we are on. I wonder how many people like me voted PVE but don't really care too much one way or another. I'm sure there are others who really wanted a pvp server like Priz. I'm sure Hits is down to pvp as well. Please post and say if you don't care or care.