What's up peoples?

General Forum for the Public
Mirkendargen

What's up peoples?

Post by Mirkendargen »

Who still hangs out here these days? I was just sitting around feeling nostalgic and dropped by.
Webin

Re: What's up peoples?

Post by Webin »

Hi, I browse stuff. Sender, fatfatty, sixthy and myself played neverwinter some. I plan to play FF14ARR when it launches. What's new with you?
Joonibal2

Post by Joonibal2 »

Hey, guys--it's been a long long time. How are things? I don't know if any of you even remember me, as I was here for such a brief time (though not by choice).

At any rate, I miss you guys a lot, more than one can imagine missing a gaming community--especially now I have recently started another MMORPG and realized what a special, magical community this was, perhaps impossible to replicate. In particular, I regret that I left almost without a word except to a few folks and never maintained contact thereafter, though I did check this site once every while and cheered you guys on, albeit silently. (My best friend in RL still plays this game the last time I checked, so I heard of your exploits through him a bit as well.) But my alibi was that the family situation basically made it impossible for me to devote my energies to anything else.

So where are those folks who made my stay here so special these days? First and foremost, Kold, who took a chance--against perhaps the guild consensus--that a Warrior who wasn't even interested in tanking at all could make it as a Raid tank, as well as someone with a reputation for drama could function in the most harmonious team environment imaginable. Indeed, I think it's impossible for one person to embody all the virtues of a Raid Leader or Guild Leader that he possessed: Above all, fairness and understanding. And Thundax--who first time tried to recruit me (I wish I listened the first time so I could have been with you from the first Onyxia kill) and I assume did yeoman's work in convincing Kold the second time--I still owe you one. Arkinia, a very articulate young lad and always a wonderful interlocutor on all things related to DPS--if he over-estimated Rogue DPS sometimes! :) In fact, hey, do you still have the screenshots of the early Kaazak parses where me, Dniym, and Vortmos showed we Warriors can hang with the Rogues? And since we mentioned Dniym and Vortmos already: What a sublime community we had within the already wonderful VM community we Warrior community constituted! We were literally a band of brothers; when most folks fight over loot, I think we fought to give the other guy the loot (of course, Kold was instrumental in instilling this ethic among us). And Biffins, my Paladin, one of the funniest and nicest guys I've met in MMORPGs. Heck, I even miss folks like Hitz--who'd blame innocent folks just because he is a cantankerous old regular who can afford to--and Talisen, who I think was convinced I am a pedo-phile or something nastier. (You will be heartened--or revolted--to know that I still show affection for female Elf toons in other games!)

As for me, due to the aforementioned family circumstances, I've ultimately had to leave the corporate law life for more free-lancing type of work, etc--some book writing even. Still in New York, and still taking care of my mother.

Game-wise, I've still always played turn-based strategy games, as they are less time-consuming, but I've recently started playing LotRO a bit over a year ago. And just as I was obsessed with trying to prove a heavy melee class can out-DPS it's leather wearing counterparts in WoW, so I am in LotRO as well. But the game seems to be losing a bit of steam, as it's decided to abandon the raider community (which was never huge to begin with) and go all-casual as a business decision. Do any of you guys play it?

And what else is up in this community?
Joonibal2

Post by Joonibal2 »

Ah, I forgot someone I used to duo PvP a lot with, and I still can't even remember his name: But a Chinese Druid who didn't really raid all that much. But boy was he remarkable in PvP: I think we'd duo and sometimes take down full fellowships ourselves!

And I suppose there was a lot of changeover as well by the time of the final VM raiding roster. Of the folks on that roster, I only recognize Kold, Fatfatty, Webin, Leica, Firbalicious (assuming this is Firby the Mage), and Hitz (Hits?). So 6 from our original 40 man team "survived"?
Mirkendargen

Post by Mirkendargen »

Workworkwork mostly. I played Neverwinter some too, I just got into the new FF14 beta, I'll check it out and see how it feels.
Hits911

Post by Hits911 »

I wasnt being cantankerous, i was blaming you because you were a shitty player back then. But if you still think about me, thats sweet.
Hitz
Fabalous
DOTA Feeder

Post by Fabalous »

Joonibal2 wrote:Ah, I forgot someone I used to duo PvP a lot with, and I still can't even remember his name: But a Chinese Druid who didn't really raid all that much. But boy was he remarkable in PvP: I think we'd duo and sometimes take down full fellowships ourselves!

And I suppose there was a lot of changeover as well by the time of the final VM raiding roster. Of the folks on that roster, I only recognize Kold, Fatfatty, Webin, Leica, Firbalicious (assuming this is Firby the Mage), and Hitz (Hits?). So 6 from our original 40 man team "survived"?
Wow, no love. Also,
Hits911 wrote:I wasnt being cantankerous, i was blaming you because you were a shitty player back then. But if you still think about me, thats sweet.
BUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRNNN!
Renn

Post by Renn »

Joonibal2 wrote:Worthless post, didn't mention Renn
Thanks Joonibal.