Planetside 2

Firby

Planetside 2

Post by Firby »

Planetside 2 closed beta will be starting this upcoming monday. Anyone else following the game? Any old PS1 veterans will get into the beta on monday. I know myself, Fatty and Kold played right off the bat in 2003, but I got a chunk of people to go back in vanilla wow days (2006) to play for a while again during dead time between raids.

To those of you that don't know what PS2 is, it is an MMOFPS. FPS action game with the character customization of most RPGs. Persistent huge continents to conquer for your empire, causing you to gain resources which are then used to buy vehicles, buy new weapons, upgrades for weapons/vehicles, consumable grenades, etc etc etc. The game will also be free to play with micro transactions to buy cosmetic upgrades.

The main appeal of PS1 was having GIANT base fights..not a standard 16v16 or 32v32, none of that pansy stuff. Back in 2003 we'd have 3 way fights that'd have 500+ people fighting for a certain base or objective. Now their new and improved engine will hold up to 2000 people per continent, leading to some potentially insane fights.

There are 3 factions to fight for (New Conglomerate for life), 6 classes, tons of vehicles and weapons, and godly amounts of character advancement and customization to be had for all weapons/vehicles/skills.

Cinematic Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41QFL4QB3NE
E3 Gameplay Videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLakXgelJGY

There is like 6+ hours of gameplay videos to watch from gaming expos and the likes to be found through that 2nd link as well.
Aurun

Re: Planetside 2

Post by Aurun »

Did you get the email firby? I have/had the old account, i went and checked it out and I saw the post that said all old accts just get flagged for beta access but nothing as far as where to download and such. Also have the pcgamer code entered from before they said veteran players get invites.
Firby

Post by Firby »

No email yet, but they wont go out until most likely monday morning by the sounds of it. Possibly sunday night.
Webin

Post by Webin »

yeah, I think xender and I were going to mess around with this
Firby

Post by Firby »

Been playing around on it since yesterday..sofar I find it to be pretty fun. Mostly sniping due to low fps if surrounded by action. Has a lot of potential to be a great game I think. Definitely need to upgrade my computer to run this smoothly even at lower settings. Game isn't optimized yet, but in larger fights it can chug pretty badly with everything cranked to low with my pc..which is without a doubt out-dated.