Post by Cyniel »

Elvy wrote:i actually was told that this game was amazing
Metacritic agrees with you.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-e ... s-v-skyrim
Aus
Homosexual Juggernaut

Re: Skyrim

Post by Aus »

Is anyone else balls deep in this? It's fucking amazing.
Mysticfox

Post by Mysticfox »

So I just won this game on a GreenManGaming.com Facebook giveaway. The first winner didn't claim their prize. They did the drawing again for a 24 hour period and I was the winner out of ~190 entries. This is the first online giveaway I've ever won and I've entered quite a few in the past except for maybe 9 years ago when I won $25 from some luck-based game site.

I was given the $53.79 credit on the site so that I could buy the game and I already had $2.00 from an earlier purchase. Will probably buy it this weekend to play on my new build or maybe wait for them to offer another 20% off coupon like they've done in the past.
Green Man Gaming via Facebook on Monday, November 28, 2011 at 10:22am wrote:Our winner for the Skyrim competition never claimed their prize! So we're going to be choosing a whole new winner!

The Prize: Enough credit to buy Skyrim! (Our list of countries that cannot purchase Skyrim are available on the forum)
The Time Limit: 24 hours once this is posted.
To Enter: Share this post and comment with your username ! We'll be selecting one random user who has publicly shared this message and posted their username!

Ready? GO! :D /James
Green Man Gaming via Facebook on Tuesday, November 29, 2011 at 12:10pm wrote:Congratulations go to Matthew McDonald for winning the Facebook giveaway ! Congrats Matthew! Now you'll be able to get a hold of that amazing Elder Scrolls title - Skyrim! Give him a big hand, folks! /James
Priz

Post by Priz »

I just started playing this, seems sick so far
Sixthy
Greatest Shaman in the World

Post by Sixthy »

It's fun but the game just feels completely broken at the end. I suppose you can purposely make your character suck complete shit to make the game remotely challenging, but if you just do what's available to you in game (ie no cheating at all), the game becomes fucking stupidly easily even on master difficulty.

With zero cheating at all right now my char is level 57, my armor is triple capped, my weapons are 1300/1200 damage respectively if I pop a potion (600 damage without a potion) and I have 800 hp, 600 stamina. I haven't even gotten to act 2 on the main quest, nor have I touched the dark brother hood shit and only now started the thieves guild stuff.

On master difficulty I one shot ancient/elder dragons and any other mob in the game, take zero damage from anything that melees and get scratched by the hardest casters.

Fortunately the quests and immersion + story makes up for everything else, but holy shit why can't the game just be moderately challenging.
Big dicks in your ass is bad for your health
greekrefugee
ASSHOLE

Post by greekrefugee »

Sixthy wrote:Fortunately the quests and immersion + story makes up for everything else, but holy shit why can't the game just be moderately challenging.
I find myself in this situation a lot, and just have to kind of suck it up and enjoy the immersive aspects of the game at hand. Even hard games (or games on the hardest mode) usually rely on learning a few skills (key combos, timing of abilities, etc), and once you learn them, that's that. When you factor in the fact that gamers of our age have been practicing and carrying these skills over from game to game for so long, I don't think there's much to expect from many games. I guess I just accept the fact that those games that are really awesome and immersive and hard (e.g. Devil May Cry) are just few and far between. MMOs are kind of in the same boat for me as well. And I'm not trying to start the whole "gaming will never be as good as some 'golden era'" conversation. I just think we wait for the few games that are exceptional, and enjoy what we can out of the rest. The shitty thing is it's hard to shell out money for average games, and yet pirating hurts the industry at some level.
Aus
Homosexual Juggernaut

Post by Aus »

Ya I agree w/ Sixthy, once you max your main combat skills and then do like Blacksmithing and Enchanting you're just completely fucking overpowered. Time for new characters I guess. I fucking love this game but it is a little silly how trivial you can make it just by making proper itemization / perk choices.
Talisen

Post by Talisen »

Level blacksmithing, enchanting and alchemy first with no weapon/armor/magic skills:P