Tribes Ascend

Mysticfox

Tribes Ascend

Post by Mysticfox »

I was invited to participate in the Tribes: Ascend Early Testing Program on November 1st. Apparently there will be no character wipe between the closed beta phase and final release.
Studio representatives also announced that no character wipes are planned during Beta. Player advancement in terms of rank, class unlocks, and skill progression will carry forward beyond Closed Beta, into Open Beta and into Release
If you've played other games by Hi-Rez Studios, such as Global Agenda, you may already have an invite. If not you can secure access to the closed beta by purchasing a VIP package for $29.99.
Those wishing to guarantee a Closed Beta spot may purchase the Tribes: Ascend VIP Starter Bundle at the game’s official website. The bundle includes automatic admission into Beta, permanent VIP status in the game, a 30-day Booster and 3000 Tribes Gold. The VIP Starter Bundle is priced at a 33% discount to list price, as a reward to the game’s early testers.
Testing starts Friday, November 4, 2011. I'll likely be on checking it out. A clan-mate of mine who did not receive an invitation was able to find a valid key using Google that some moron posted in the comments of a website. The contents of part of the invitation e-mail are below if anyone would like to try something similar.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You have been selected to be one of the first people to play and give feedback on Tribes: Ascend, the upcoming fast-paced action shooter from Hi-Rez Studios.

This e-mail contains an activation key that you may use to get started as a member of the Tribes: Ascend Early Testing Program.

YOUR ACTIVATION KEY:

<25 character key (numbers/letters)>

Follow the detailed instructions below to download the game and activate your key.

I look forward to seeing you in the game, and thank you in advance for your help, patience and feedback during this critical early testing cycle.

Stewart Chisam
Executive Producer