Where are you now? VM Finder....

General Forum for the Public
Chikkin

Where are you now? VM Finder....

Post by Chikkin »

TLjDR version: Chikkin looking for old VM.

First of all, I am typing this from my blackberry with a shitty EDGE (2G connection from Afghanistan)...that's my excuse for any spelling mistakes or formatting errors.

2. For those that don't know, or remember. This is Chikkin, bard from EQ Vis, who did not play with the Wow team due to repairing RL. I have checked in probably 6 or 7 times since 2004 though.

3. I plan to keep this post bookmarked for at least a year, so if somebody sees this in 2012 or 2013, please do post, or send me an email.

Ok. Call it nostalgia, or not letting go of past, but I still hold silly eq players and game moments close to memory. With this, I would like to find out what people are up to. This pertains to either what they are doing in real life or what mmo they are playing.

As for me, I've been in the Army the last 4+ years. Was not the original plan but after a bit too much gaming from age 20 to 24'ish.... I had to play catch up. Anyway , I am wrapping up my second deployment, this time from Afghanistan. I see myself getting out of the military soon, and plan to possibly do a bit of traveling. Also, now 31, almost 32, married with a 6yo. Currently stationed at Fort Drum, NY....near Syracuse. (For those near me)....as always, I am originally from the pensacola, fl area.

Well, I would like to meet several VM members. Those social enough to have a visitor. Below I am going to post a list of people (off the top of my head, so if I didn't mention you, it is simply due to all the years passed....nearly 10 now) if anybody minds posting an update on them or last heard, it would be great.

I do realize this is a general forum of a hardcore guild that played mmo's together. Not a carebear feel-good highschool reunion. But Jesus, I am 31, with a kid, and the people I Mention here were like family to me once. Also, I am pretty sure I lost member forum access years ago when I was unable to engage in Wow. Otherwise I would put this in a private forum.

Ok, in no particular order. Again this is for people to say when last heard or if the actual person stumbles across site.

Nida. - if you see this, I sent an email to your old 'vm yahoo' email. Yes, I was caught up to speed about when and why you vanished. Whatever, still a friend to me. Send me an email.

Occy, still in florida? Last I heard he stopped by wow...didn't stay long. I reached him when warhammer was released, haven't heard since.

Prizm. What happen to her (after yalla and Nida....she was a her right?) What are you playing now. Last I knew she did not join the wow team or Explicit....but still vm history from my time.

Tinnel. What happen to this guy? I much respect how 'real' he was online. Like me, if he trusted you, you were family and would talk RL with folks. How are you man? You were my contact and door into VM.

Teeth. Where are you dude?
Malla - what happen to her?
Dhouja - email me man.
Tache - weren't you up north and very involved in your career after college? You're always good for an email response.
Arkinia - whenever I go to a guild website for any game over last 10 years, I immediately think about how shitty it is compared to your work and loot trackers.
Tanja/spalter ...where is this bro/sis combo? Tanja was an innovator.
Webin, dude you are crazy, what are you doing now?
Kold, you still Cali? Dr? Lawyer?
Talisen, wanna hear something nerdy? I played eq for three months earlier this year. Just solo, no guilds, but I remember bragging to someone about how I was guilded with the dude who had that bow from 9th ring in Velious named after him.
Xaba - funniest dude ever. What happen to him?
Hits, like Tache, you are usually not too hard to find. How are you?
Woow - you still play anything?
Yoza. What happen to him/her. I remember a little bit bout what I knew, but not looking to post personal stuff.
Nineveh - I wouldn't be surprised if he is playing mmo somewhere still.

Stefy - what happen to her?
Greco - anybody ever heard from him?
Prudance - where she/he at?
Ellise, regardless of how eq ended (although I don't miss Darkoor, lol) you were great to me. How are you?

Some other stuff. I realize most have not been heard from in years, or will never read this, but happy to make the effort. Again, if I find some of these folks, would love to perhaps visit and put a person with the toon. I know most would rather not meet folks rl, I know I didn't years ago. However, then you got others like Tache who are/were social butterflies.

Also if anybody knows how to reach Deamien, Zenfe, or Akon (or Shinu)...I have been trying to reach Deamien for years, neither Tache nor I ever had any luck.

You can reach me here, or facebook, or my email which is same since 1997. friz898 at yahoo.

Also, I am under impression that after Wow, VM has not had a big guild anywhere. Some Aion players I think? Me personally I am waiting for Everquest Next.

Hope to hear from you guys,

Chris / Chikkin / Turkee
Hits911

Re: Where are you now? VM Finder....

Post by Hits911 »

Hey chik, long time man.

Im just living in Nashville now being a Chef due to my terrible record with the law :P Thats pretty much it, dont play MMOs much but i still have an active Rift acct. Play LoL on my free time these days. Drink a lot, try to have as much sex as possible.

Tinnel - is still around, he goes by Xender these days.

Dhouja ended up playing on Stromm with Realm of Insanity and pretty much transplanted to gaming with them since then. Usually goes by Moss these days.

Tache - contracted AIDS from a Nigerian with a 14 inch cock and died recently
Hitz
Chikkin

Post by Chikkin »

Xender is Tinnel? I had no idea all this time. Hopefully will hear from him.

Thanks on info about Dhouka/shouja.....I am familiar with RoI since I did the progression server when it first came out and RoI passed Fires of Heaven.....

When I returned to EQ for three months earlier this year, I read how RoI took 1st server wide. I will try to get in contact with him. Good guy.

That's a shame about Tache, not surprised though.....he 'always supported single moms' from what I remember.

Hits, ya not gonna mess with Rift, but EQ Next (and a new comp) are day one purchases for me. Prepare for it dude.
Webin

Post by Webin »

Hey man, It's funny cause I just started a playing a bard in EQ1 again. Xender is playing a wizard. We're playing on the progression server fippy darkpaw. Nothing too new from me. Still playing too many video games :( I'll try and fill you in about the others.

Greco: lives in Idaho has like 4 kids ages 4-8. Doesn't play anything but xbox from what his brother said. I lost his cellphone number so haven't been able to get ahold of him for a very long time.

Prizm: She plays WoW or so. Kold would always get messages from people who knew her in WoW saying that she stole the guild bank and server transferred. This happened like 2-3 times I believe. Not sure when the last time was, but probably a while ago.

Tanja: I think she may have married her boyfriend she was dating for like 7-8 years by now. She moved from her small town to some bigger city nearby so that she could be teacher. (yeah, her being a teachers scares me to death lol)

Spalter: Came to NY to visit like 4-5 years back for a vacation. I think he got some job related to marketing, but that could be totally wrong. (I remember Tanja gave me his phone number a few days before he was going to come to the US and I prank called him before his final. I told him his visa was canceled due to him being on an international watch list and freak out. Was one of the funniest things ever. When I told him who I was and how I got his number he said after his final he was driving home to kill his sister)

Woow: I think might check these forums once a year or something. I still have Woow on msn and I'm sure it hasn't changed, but I think he's playing something with his RL friends.

That's about all the info I have on people which isn't much. Anyway, stay safe in Afgan and talk to you later.
Chikkin

Post by Chikkin »

You know, I go read the TLP server forums on occasion because listening to all the bitching and bottlenecks is something that I can relate too even though I havent rolled on the server. Last I checked, Kunark still wasnt opened. I leveled a Ranger in 2 months (with a connection worst than dial-up out here) up to like 70 I believe. ... I stopped, but told my buddy I was playing with that I'd probably be back (to EQ 1) in Oct/November once I return to the States.

Are you folks excited for Everquest Next? I've been prepping my wife for it for over a year now. She knows I'm gonna play. Hopefully I can get her to play (if it's as user friendly as WoW). Telling you, I'm building my computer around it. I know we got a year to go.. but for me, that's simply time to build my computer and get my setup right. I'll never be a 15 hour-fall-asleep-during-the-raid player again, but I'll definitely find time to put in 2-4 hour days for raid nights etc.

Webin, you and Tinnel over there eh? Please tell him I said hello. I dont have my eq account active right now. I think when searching eqplayers (back in January) I noticed that Jubilex and Sept/Regret had some form of Vis Maior or something going again. I know it's of little concern now... but still old VM. I always liiked Sept anyway. Something about Necros, like Deamien, they were usually pretty mellow.

That's a shame about Prizm. I dont remember what her first name supposedly was, so I'll refer to her as that. I remember hearing about Tanja being a teacher. I think either Hits or Kold told me that a couple years ago, when I first heard about Nida. That's a shame on Greco, if anybody knew where Greco was, it'd be you.

Anyway, glad you posted Webin, here's a personal memory-lane trip for you.

When I first got to VM, it was during one of your breaks (and Greco was also on break). But I had been taught Vis history along with the early Wraith days. As silly as that sounds, you have to remember how much I played back then ... so I knew who Biffins, Webin, and Greco were.

I was on my bard speeding through Neriak, and saw you. I made some comment, simply based on knowing who you were, and you asked me to give you selos because you were, I dont know, a shitton encumbered carrying gold and was walking (with sow I think?) at a pace that would have meant hour walk through the zone or something.

I should do the same for Hits. Hits, I have no fucking idea when I first met you, I'm pretty sure you joined right after me though, when Vis suddenly took in several rogues. I'm not positive on this. What I do remember however, is some weird farming runs in the karanas for you, that I still don't remember what we were looking for at 3-5am. I also remember all the comments about the shop, and the dudes you played with.
Hits911

Post by Hits911 »

Yea, the shop. Me and Guster still play LoL together some. I fuckin miss that place, but glad that the owner sold it. I would probably still be playing WoW there and sleeping on the couches if he didnt.
Hitz
Tache
Yourself

Post by Tache »

Hey Chris and everyone else! I hadn't been here in a while and was doing some reminiscing the other day and reminded myself to swing by. I still miss some of the times in EQ and have a ton of fond memories.
Chikkin wrote:Tache - weren't you up north and very involved in your career after college? You're always good for an email response.
Pretty much correct. Because of work I wasn't able to put in the WoW hours and slowly faded into the background but loved to check in from time to time. I still renew this site domain every year to do my part! I still work in NYC and my wife is six months pregnant and we are very excited. I may try to do a bit of gaming soon but haven't played anything in a long time.
Chikkin wrote:Also if anybody knows how to reach Deamien, Zenfe, or Akon (or Shinu)...I have been trying to reach Deamien for years, neither Tache nor I ever had any luck.
I never had luck with Deamien. I think I still have Zenfe on my AIM or Google talk and see him on from time to time, I will check next time.
Hits911 wrote:Tache - contracted AIDS from a Nigerian with a 14 inch cock and died recently
I'm not mad at you, Darius.
Chikkin wrote:That's a shame about Tache, not surprised though.....he 'always supported single moms' from what I remember.
My favorite avatar from back in the day. Glad you have stayed safe while fighting for our country! Keep it that way. My emails are the same so keep in touch.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Talisen

Post by Talisen »

Hey Chikkin!

Has it really been that long? I just hit 30 myself earlier this year.. where does the time go..

Funny you should mention my bow - someone I was playing LoL with the other day asked if I named myself after the bow from Velious. Couldn't help but laugh!
Aurun

Post by Aurun »

Tali you use the same name in LoL? Saw a dude named talisen in a game but as usual summoner 4 left the game haha
Talisen

Post by Talisen »

Yup that was me! I saw the "Vis Maior?" but they left too fast to catch your name:P
Chikkin

Post by Chikkin »

Hey Guys,

I'm glad this post is somewhat working as intended. There is no telling how many people have read, but not yet taken the time to respond or post.

I wanted to post here that I recently received contact from Zenfe. He said he forgot his password here, and I'm sure that happens to several, as I had to reset mine previously.

Anyway, for those curious. He hasnt been playing MMOs, and has been extremely busy with his Wife and 13 month old.

Anyway, if anybody is wanting to contact him, or whatever, let me know, i'll pass it along to him. The post worked as he just happen to stumble by the Vis site and see this forum post.

Oh and Tache, he does have you on googletalk or whatever.. lol.

Chris/Chikkin
Chikkin

Post by Chikkin »

Hey Tali,

Ya that was pretty dirty of you to name yourself after an EQ bow. You couldnt be more original? Imagine all the work that went into being one of the first to do that event/quest on EQ and here you come along just name-stealing.

Glad you're alive dude, and ya we're all way too old.

I teased my Wife that I would retire from the military and play MMOs 12 hours a day. That-that was the retirement she had to look forward too. I was joking, but the gamer-nerd in me does find that appealing!

Chris/Chikkin
Talisen

Post by Talisen »

I keep telling my girlfriend that she needs to get a really good job so I can sit around and play games all day. She thinks I'm joking:P
ruidian

Post by ruidian »

Found some old EQ vids on my hard drive tonight and I got all nostalgic, googled VM and discovered this thread. Hi Chik! I'm still in Phoenix, so if you're ever out in my neck of the woods, gimme a shout.

Howdy to all you other VM/Quellious peeps as well, miss the good ol days!

-Ruidian/Chad
Tache
Yourself

Post by Tache »

ruidian wrote:Found some old EQ vids on my hard drive tonight and I got all nostalgic, googled VM and discovered this thread. Hi Chik! I'm still in Phoenix, so if you're ever out in my neck of the woods, gimme a shout.

Howdy to all you other VM/Quellious peeps as well, miss the good ol days!

-Ruidian/Chad
Post them!!