Scrubs 2.0

Xizorz

Scrubs 2.0

Post by Xizorz »

Seemed like a decent start. I don't care much for the new narrarator, but I'll give it a chance.
Geeman

Re: Scrubs 2.0

Post by Geeman »

I fucking hated it. The new lead character is a regurgitation of JD and Elliot's personalities combined from the first few seasons. No janitor and no Carla sucks hard. I think they just are trying way too hard to continue on the show. I hope it gets better throughout the season, but right now I'm not a fan.
Xyrm

Post by Xyrm »

They will also start slowly phasing out the old main characters...though I'm not convinced the janitor is gone forever.

I remember reading about this when S8 ended, and hearing that JD/Turk were only signed up for the first 6 episodes of this season.
Short summary of every Jewish holiday: they tried to kill us, we survived, let's eat!
Kold
Guild Leader

Post by Kold »

I think this is gonna be weak. :(
Tluas
Number One Asshole

Post by Tluas »

I probably won't watch it. I'll let the glory of the original scrubs and its amazing ending live in my memories.
"You're not a man 'til you've pulled a tooth out with a pair of pliers."
-Captain Phil Harris of the Cornelia Marie
Xizorz

Post by Xizorz »

Xyrm wrote:They will also start slowly phasing out the old main characters...though I'm not convinced the janitor is gone forever.

I remember reading about this when S8 ended, and hearing that JD/Turk were only signed up for the first 6 episodes of this season.
Yeah this latest episode was really damn stupid.
Tluas
Number One Asshole

Post by Tluas »

what a surprise, show sucks
"You're not a man 'til you've pulled a tooth out with a pair of pliers."
-Captain Phil Harris of the Cornelia Marie
Xyrm

Post by Xyrm »

After seeing the 4 episodes so far, I'd be pretty shocked if this show made it to season 10.
Short summary of every Jewish holiday: they tried to kill us, we survived, let's eat!
greekrefugee
ASSHOLE

Post by greekrefugee »

yeah....

i was trying to force myself to be optimistic, but yeah...not working...

first few had some funny parts, but it's just a travesty to call it scrubs. i was watching episode 4 and it was so boring i actually went back to working on my final. i started watching the episode for an excuse to procrastinate. yeah...
Latito

Post by Latito »

This really shouldn't of been called Scrubs - shoulda renamed it and labeled it a Spinoff. Then again, fewer people would watch it.. but do they really expect viewers to stay longer than a few episodes anyways once they figure out whats going on?

/sigh
Xizorz

Post by Xizorz »

Latito wrote:This really shouldn't of been called Scrubs - shoulda renamed it and labeled it a Spinoff. Then again, fewer people would watch it.. but do they really expect viewers to stay longer than a few episodes anyways once they figure out whats going on?

/sigh
Calling it Scrubs was the entire point. They have that 'med school' designation in the corner.

Bill Lawrence didn't really care that much. What's in a name, anyway?

And yeah, I caught the draw blood episode just now. Really, really stupid. I don't know why they have to completely regress JD into an idiot.
greekrefugee
ASSHOLE

Post by greekrefugee »

For some reason I've kept watching Scrubs, and I was surprised by the fact that I actually liked the last episode (ep 6). In retrospect, I think it was good because JD wasn't in it. For whatever reason, his character has sucked balls this season. Just...idk...too gay?

I liked the chemistry between Turk and the tomboy blond doctor. It was cool to see Eliot again, and I actually like some of the new intern story-lines. Maybe there's hope yet? I don't think it will ever reach the level of the original series, but at least I don't want to kill myself after watching episodes anymore.