The Dresden Files - Jim Butcher

Reedu
Deadlock

The Dresden Files - Jim Butcher

Post by Reedu »

The novels are fantasy books set in modern Chicago. I love Butcher's writing style. The books are written in first person from Dresden's point of view, and Dresden is a really fun character. Dresden is goofy, smart, misunderstood, dirt poor, and one of the most powerful wizards in North America.

The first 2 books are mysteries. His investigations for the Chicago police department get Dresden in the way of some dark magic plots.
greekrefugee
ASSHOLE

Re: The Dresden Files - Jim Butcher

Post by greekrefugee »

Is it a world of widespread magic, or is he unique/one of the few?
Reedu
Deadlock

Post by Reedu »

Most people don't believe in magic and don't realize how much it affects their lives, but magic is actually more widespread than they realize. A lot of the murders/kidnappings/disappearances are actually due to supernatural causes, of which Dresden is an expert but a typical citizen is clueless.
Hits911

Post by Hits911 »

I watched the television series of this a few months ago. I liked it, but as most good shows go, it was canceled.

Its on Hulu if you are interested.

http://www.hulu.com/the-dresden-files
Hitz
Lazloth

Post by Lazloth »

I was wondering when you posted this if it was the same as the tv show, which I think I maybe watched one episode of, back when I had a tv. I usually don't get too into police type stuff but I might give this a shot.
(2:15:52 PM) Lazloth: i want
(2:16:04 PM) Lazloth: ...
(2:16:05 PM) Lazloth: something
(2:17:16 PM) Rael: Me too
(2:17:41 PM) Rael: But where do I find a car battery and a duck at this time of day
Reedu
Deadlock

Post by Reedu »

The tv show leaves out a couple major characters, and the plot is entirely different.
Xochi

Post by Xochi »

I just finished watching it today and episodes 1-7 were kinda boring then for some reason from episode 8 on it seemed like a totally different show.