Druid, paladins and the honor system

General Forum for the Public
Renn

Post by Renn »

Seraph wrote:
Tache wrote::rant2:
not sure what this icon means^ :shock:
I think it's Arkinia's imitation of a whining paladin.

(Please note, Arkinia's opinions do not reflect the opinions of Renn or his employees)
Tache

Post by Tache »

Seraph wrote:
Tache wrote::rant2:
not sure what this icon means^ :shock:

it is the rant emoticon!

:rant: :rant2:
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

So in closing ...nerf rogues!
Joonibal

Post by Joonibal »

Biffins wrote:Well heres my two cents

Paladins are probably the most utility class out there. We are the best partners in 2v2 pvp arguably, since we mesh good with about any class (except druid probably), because or our good heals, ability to cure, we can invul them from physical attacks, we can do decent dps, we have just alot of UTILITY.

So all this means when it comes to 1v1 pvp is a pally just has to step it up in their shortcomings. Just as a warrior would carry healing potions because his most important stat besides his damage output is his health, we must carry swiftness potions to catch people who run, and discombobulator rays to slow down those who try and escape.

Every time i have sprint potted or discom ray'd against some horde trying to flee, they have died to date. For our superior utility it is a minor obstacle to overcome in pvp. Pallys will continue to play a big role in pvp, because of our ability to stay alive forever, keeps others alive longer, and annoy the hell out of opponents.

-Biff
Well-said.

That's why I went engineering and have access to a max-ed out alchemist mage (persuaded my best friend to go alchemy and I can play his character during mornings and day-time).
shalashaska

Post by shalashaska »

you really should get honor points for rezzing ppl. ive seen so many pallys and priest on the alliance not rezzing ppl after fighting. dont forget about hammer of justice. i <3 that so much!
Biffins

Post by Biffins »

Gorf - the only mage who consistantly beats me is Firby, and hopefully soon i'll get him. Every other mage i have a winning record against.

Secret to beating them - get lots of sta/int. The fight is essentially two stages. Stage 1 is the initial burst DPS, stay at huge range, heal yourself, and go in to stun and annoy. Dont heal if your within 25 yards or they will counterspell interupt you and its gg. If you dont get interupted, just Dshield, heal up and interupt their evocation if possible.

Stage two is just staying alive till they go OOM. If you have 4k + mana and 3500+ hp, its just some practice to beat them. O ya, and blessing of kings is needed for this fight ;p

I have about 4200hp and 5200mana fighting mages, standard PVE setup w/ kings on.
-Biff