Good organizer programs

greekrefugee
ASSHOLE

Good organizer programs

Post by greekrefugee »

So I've finally caved in, and admitted that I am in dire need of some kind of music/media organizational software. I really hate genre folders, so I try and keep them to a minium. I just separate out rap, electronic, classical, and ethnic. Everything else, from Tori Amos to Suffocation, is in my main music folder.

That method lasted me for years, but now, after a recent spring cleaning binge, I still have 350 gigs of music. Listening to it is a fucking pain, because selecting an album out of all the noise is a bitch. Plus I want to be able to search/organize by genre, etc, w/out having to resort to some mongoloid folder naming scheme like I currently have.

I got Mediamonkey, and have been playing with it a bit. It feels cumbersome, and I'm not sure how good it is. I also downloaded foobar, but haven't had a chance to install it yet. Any suggestions? Preferably from people with a lot of music spanning a buttload of genres, but any advice welcome. It has to have some kind of custom scripting/batch processing function, and internet checking for cdinfo, album art, etc. I don't care so much about frills, built in media players, etc. I'm fine using good old winamp 2.6 with good codecs.