Kings

Hits911

Kings

Post by Hits911 »

From executive producer Michael Green (NBC’s "Heroes") comes a riveting new drama about a modern day monarchy. "Kings" is a contemporary re-telling of the timeless tale of David and Goliath. This series is an epic story of greed and power, war and romance, forbidden loves and secret alliances -- and a young hero who rises to power in a modern-day kingdom.

King Silas Benjamin (Ian McShane, "Deadwood") is the well-entrenched king of Gilboa, whose flag bears a divine butterfly symbol. Gilboa has its capital in Shiloh, a clean new city that is unspoiled by time or litter. Silas must deal with the tensions rising between Gilboa and neighboring nation Gath. When several prisoners of war are taken, a young soldier, David Shepherd (Chris Egan, "Eragon"), defies orders and crosses enemy lines to save them. Unknown to David, the soldier he saves is Jack Benjamin (Sebastian Stan, "The Covenant"), the son of the king. From that day forth, David’s life will never be the same.

Susanna Thompson ("Once & Again") plays Queen Rose Benjamin, a distant, yet supportive wife. Allison Miller ("Lucy’s Piano") stars as King Silas’ beautiful, intelligent and outspoken daughter, Michelle. General Linus Abner (Wes Studi, "Comanche Moon," "Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee"), Reverend Ephram Samuels (Eamonn Walker, "Oz") and William Cross, Silas’ brother-in-law (Dylan Baker, "Spiderman 2"), try to influence King Silas.

From Universal Media Studios, "Kings" is executive-produced by Green, Erwin Stoff ("I Am Legend") and Francis Lawrence ("I Am Legend"), who also directed the pilot.

So far one of my new favorite shows!
Hitz
Azurai

Re: Kings

Post by Azurai »

OK, but the writers are kind of overreaching in certain ways to conform to the story of David and Goliath. It feels like that shitty remake of Romeo and Juliet where the guys all have guns that say LONG SWORD and shit on them because apparently people are too stupid to grasp the common elements of the overall story without being shown in words on props that its authentic!!!!111one.
--Azurai

Lazloth

Post by Lazloth »

Its a bible based show..............of course they're overreaching.

K sorry I'll go now.
(2:15:52 PM) Lazloth: i want
(2:16:04 PM) Lazloth: ...
(2:16:05 PM) Lazloth: something
(2:17:16 PM) Rael: Me too
(2:17:41 PM) Rael: But where do I find a car battery and a duck at this time of day
Kold
Guild Leader

Post by Kold »

I'm liking this show so far. I'm an Ian McShane fan from Deadwood.
Hits911

Post by Hits911 »

Due to return June 13th! Cant wait!
Hitz
Ermad

Post by Ermad »

If you didn't hear it was not renewed for a second season, so they are just airing the rest of the episodes this summer.
Aus
Homosexual Juggernaut

Post by Aus »

This show rapes.
maelfus

Post by maelfus »

I really enjoyed it. Too bad they decided against running another season.
Hits911

Post by Hits911 »

Yea, i was very fucking pissed when it got the axe =(
Hitz