Dollhouse

Rael

Dollhouse

Post by Rael »

Dollhouse is a new show from Buffy/Firefly creator Joss Whedon about people who have their own personalities replaced with created ones and then are hired out to fulfill people's fantasies, requirements, etc. Add in a shady corporation, an FBI agent trying to prove the existence of the Dollhouse and the doll's glitching out and going nuts and it is a pretty entertaining show. It had a bit of a slow start but has really started to pick up with the last couple of episodes. I've been watching since the premiere and am really enjoying it. Hopefully being on Fox doesn't equal ultimate doom just as it is starting to get good (Damn you Fox executives!!).
Hits911

Re: Dollhouse

Post by Hits911 »

Ive been watching it since start also, I enjoy the show. Hopefully fox will realize the cult following that Joss has and not kill the show like they tend to do with every good show that comes out.
Hitz
Lazloth

Post by Lazloth »

I'll be honest and say that the first few episodes of this were so bad that were it not for Eliza Dushku I would have shut them off midway through. However, its been getting better the last few, and I'm now somewhat hopeful it might turn into something pretty cool. Either way, the last couple episodes have been enjoyable.
Last edited by Lazloth on April 11th, 2009, 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(2:15:52 PM) Lazloth: i want
(2:16:04 PM) Lazloth: ...
(2:16:05 PM) Lazloth: something
(2:17:16 PM) Rael: Me too
(2:17:41 PM) Rael: But where do I find a car battery and a duck at this time of day
Kold
Guild Leader

Post by Kold »

The first 5 were heavily controlled by Fox. They kinda forced Whedon's hand and made him make stand-alone episodes and they aired them out of the order they were created in. Episode 6 and on are supposed to be 100% Whedon and focus more on seasons overall plotlines. I read somewhere that they shot 13 episodes but Fox will only air 12, so the 13th will only be available on dvd.

As for the show, I like it so far.
Rensy

Post by Rensy »

** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** **** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS **

I felt like the action scenes or w/e with Alpha and Echo were kind of lame and I was going to be sad if that's all the end was. The whole Nietzsche thing was funny to me, and the black president line was retarded. I was like wtf? However when it got past that and back into the Dollhouse, the ending was awesome. Finding out the Doc is a doll, and that Paul bargains for someone to be released and its the one chick and NOT Echo was very intriguing, especially when she doesn't know who he is anymore. I think the end hints that the "man inside" all this time is Topher because he has Echo know her name is Caroline, and she like walks over and feels his heart and stuff and he is all freakin out about his questionably moral actions. Just my opinion though! Don't know if a second season is announced, but this definitely set up for one and I thought they were just going to end it here.

** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS **
Aus
Homosexual Juggernaut

Post by Aus »

I'm so curious about what Rensys post says but I haven't seen the show so I shouldn't read it :(
Cyniel

Post by Cyniel »

Latito

Post by Latito »

The Season 1 DVD was released recently somewhere and you can now download the original Pilot which was unaired (parts of it were used in other various early episodes) and an unaired episode 13. The 13th episode is... different. You'll figure that out in the first 5 seconds though :P.
greekrefugee
ASSHOLE

Post by greekrefugee »

Aus wrote:I'm so curious about what Rensys post says but I haven't seen the show so I shouldn't read it :(
Rofl, same. I had to bust out some quick mousewheel scrolling and zoom past it. And I think that used up all the energy that would have gone into actually dl'ing and watching it. Sigh.
Aus
Homosexual Juggernaut

Post by Aus »

2nd season is fucking amazing.
Kold
Guild Leader

Post by Kold »

Yea second season was really good. Too bad they canceled it almost immediately.
Hits911

Post by Hits911 »

Yea, i liked this show... fucking Fox.
Hitz
Aus
Homosexual Juggernaut

Post by Aus »

Is it officially cancelled after this season? Honestly, after what happened this season I see no possible way a third season would make any sense at all.
Kold
Guild Leader

Post by Kold »

They initially aired 4 episodes and then put it on break for like 6-8 weeks then started running episodes off 2 at a time so they never really gave it a chance.
He knew this season would be canceled so he tried to make sure there was closure.
Hits911

Post by Hits911 »

i guess last week wasnt the last episode, because there is a new one up on ninjavideo.
Hitz