Parkway Drive

Aus
Homosexual Juggernaut

Parkway Drive

Post by Aus »

Found these guys when I plugged another cool band into Pandora and ended up really, really digging them. They're an Australian metalcore band and they have a few songs that remind me of Unearth (mostly the vocals) but for the most part it seems fairly original. They do a really good job with all their backing vocals; the lead vocalist also has a pretty cool range as compared to some other metalcore front men. This is probably my favorite song by them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HEUUBK-KGE

http://www.myspace.com/parkwaydrive for more etc
Ferox

Re: Parkway Drive

Post by Ferox »

I love Parkway Drive! If you enjoy the likes of unearth, As I Lay Dying, Chimaira, and metal core in general, Horizons is an amazing album without any shitty "filler" songs. Haven't taken the time to partake in any of their other releases though.

My personal favorite would be http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6cuHAwQdFQ
I feel like you raped my soul
greekrefugee
ASSHOLE

Post by greekrefugee »

Yeah, I stumbled across them somehow, I forget exactly how. I think I'm just annoyed/bored with metalcore right now. These guys were good, but not amazing, you know? Kind of like the last All That Remains album.
Aus
Homosexual Juggernaut

Post by Aus »

greekrefugee wrote:Yeah, I stumbled across them somehow, I forget exactly how. I think I'm just annoyed/bored with metalcore right now. These guys were good, but not amazing, you know? Kind of like the last All That Remains album.
I think I like Horizons better than the most recent All That Remains, maybe just because it's newer to me though. I definitely feel like the vocals define this band a lot more than most metalcore bands, but it still all sounds pretty fucking similar in the end. I've been trying to find new music that keeps me interested but while I dig this shit, it's more of the same I guess.
greekrefugee
ASSHOLE

Post by greekrefugee »

The last Underoath wasn't bad, if you dig them. Though I guess that's been out for a while now. I've been drifting back towards post-hardcore until something heavy catches my ear. If you dig that stuff, the latest Thursday album is pretty awesome.
Cyniel

Post by Cyniel »

Thanks for the heads up. This band is pretty good.
Rensy

Post by Rensy »

metalcore is a broad term. most metal has elements of "metalcore" these days.