A Game of Thrones

Lazloth

Re: A Game of Thrones

Post by Lazloth »

Yeah, i didnt know about that either really. Maybe its just been a while since i read them but I didn't really remember that going down, or at least not in such a blatant manner. As for Kings Landing, thats what pretty much everyone has said to me as well, and I tend to agree. There is definitely something off about it by comparison to the books.
(2:15:52 PM) Lazloth: i want
(2:16:04 PM) Lazloth: ...
(2:16:05 PM) Lazloth: something
(2:17:16 PM) Rael: Me too
(2:17:41 PM) Rael: But where do I find a car battery and a duck at this time of day
Sixthy
Greatest Shaman in the World

Post by Sixthy »

It wasn't that blatant in the books, at least in the first 2 (I haven't finished the 3rd yet). It was hinted at but never said out right. That was just a TV addition.
Big dicks in your ass is bad for your health
Rael

Post by Rael »

It wasn't really blatant in the books (re:Renly and Loras) but it was there. Margaery being a maid, Loras's reaction after youknowwhat, the RAINBOW guard. Plus GRRM confirmed it in an interview.

For me, Kings Landing seems a bit different. I think it's because I pictured everything outside of the Red Keep as being very crowded, and sort of filthy. Kind of more like how the city was portrayed in Rome. Inside the palace seems okay, but we don't really get a sense of scale of the whole city cause they probably don't have the money to show us a full CGI/model of what the city looks like.
greekrefugee
ASSHOLE

Post by greekrefugee »

Plus the fact that Loras is built like Tyraff, talking about being a swordsman and shit...
Aus
Homosexual Juggernaut

Post by Aus »

The Eyrie and The Wall both look incredible, they did an awesome job. King's Landing is sweet but it seems like we've only seen a few particular places outside the keep, so judging it as a city overall is still tough it seems like.

I dunno, I've loved every episode, I think the casting is fucking awesome, the acting is great, the scenery is exactly how I imagined most of it (or better) and the few liberties they've taken didn't detract from the overall experience.

As for the gay scenes, you guys know how much I love dudes. And watching them kiss.

edit: and shave each other
Lazloth

Post by Lazloth »

Rael wrote:I I pictured everything outside of the Red Keep as being very crowded, and sort of filthy. Kind of more like how the city was portrayed in Rome.

^That.

I dunno I guess I just sort of pictured it as having the keep and city very separated. A giant pretentious Targaryen stronghold and then this filthy sprawling overrun city beneath it. It feels a lot more......together, close, in the show.
(2:17:41 PM) Rael: But where do I find a car battery and a duck at this time of day
Rael

Post by Rael »

Finale was awesome. Can't wait for Season 2!
Priz

Post by Priz »

I just marathoned this. I've never read the books but I've now started after watching this season. Fucking awesome show, probably the best on tv. Every single episode was amazing, I couldn't stop watching and watched every episode in an ~12 hour period. I want season 2 now!
greekrefugee
ASSHOLE

Post by greekrefugee »

From eztv:

Appearing during Sunday’s episode of Boardwalk Empire, HBO aired the following feature that gave us unique behind-the-scenes look at footage from the upcoming second season of Game of Thrones.

You can watch the teaser here: http://thevoiceoftv.com/videos/game-of- ... 2-footage/
Biffins

Post by Biffins »

Those who watch the show might appreciate this. I haven't read the books (yet), but the show is pretty fucking epic.

Aus
Homosexual Juggernaut

Post by Aus »

I fucking lol'd at Hodor.

Also this show is so much better than everything else on TV right now that it makes me angry.
Lazloth

Post by Lazloth »

That was pretty excellent. Big smile.
greekrefugee
ASSHOLE

Post by greekrefugee »

I lol'd. I also think it's hilarious that random GoT humor is finding its way into other shows. This week's Parks & Rec had Westeros on the list of places to move to that Andy made. There was another one in a show recently too, but I can't remember it now :/
Karrde

Post by Karrde »

simpsons had a game of thrones intro, southpark had a history lesson I think on the families, and its been mentioned on castle as well.