The West Wing

Aus
Homosexual Juggernaut

The West Wing

Post by Aus »

Finally got around to watching this; its amazing. It's compelling, it's hilarious, it's dramatic, it's definitely worth a watch.

That is all.
greekrefugee
ASSHOLE

Re: The West Wing

Post by greekrefugee »

Yeah, this show was always at the edge of my radar. I've never actually seen an episode, but it always sounded interesting. I think I never got into it because I figured it would be kind of generic, but with political drama instead of personal drama? I pulled an all-nighter, so I realize that last sentence probably makes little sense...

Main question: is it really *that* good? (ie, worth x hours of my life?)
Aus
Homosexual Juggernaut

Post by Aus »

I was completely hooked by the end of the first episode. It mostly focuses on the political drama/issues you'd expect from a show about the White House but it also has a lot of character focused conflict. I finished season 1 late last night and it was really some of the best television I've seen in a long time, and I watch a lot of shit. I'd say definitely give season 1 a watch and see if the writing style and whatnot appeals to you (the writing is fairly unique, as is the dialogue, Aaron Sorkin definitely has his own style). If you ever saw Sports Night, the dialogue and character interaction is very similar but overall this is a much better show.
Aus
Homosexual Juggernaut

Post by Aus »

Finishing up season 3 soon, show is still amazing.
Aus
Homosexual Juggernaut

Post by Aus »

Finished this recently, the seasons after Aaron Sorkin left the show (5 - 7) are still quite good, but seasons 1 - 4 are really the best. This is definitely one I'll be rewatching a few times in the future!