Southland

greekrefugee
ASSHOLE

Southland

Post by greekrefugee »

Dl'd the show the other day, and it was pretty good. It's a few eps into the 2nd season. It's pretty good, and is a different take on the police series genre. Does a good job capturing the underbelly of urban environments in a realistic way. Anyone that lives/has lived in a racially mixed and...uh..."economically challenged"...section of a big city will probably like it.
Priz

Re: Southland

Post by Priz »

and Ryan from the OC is in it FUCK YEAH
Cyniel

Post by Cyniel »

Priz wrote:and Ryan from the OC is in it FUCK YEAH
You are so gay it's almost unbelievable.
Kold
Guild Leader

Post by Kold »

Yea I like this show. Glad TNT picked it up for a second season after NBC or whoever cancelled it.
Aus
Homosexual Juggernaut

Post by Aus »

Yeah Kold turned me onto this show just as season 1 ended and I like it a lot. Unfortunately season 2 is only 6 episodes so even shorter than the first. Hopefully they start producing full length seasons soon D:
greekrefugee
ASSHOLE

Post by greekrefugee »

Yeah, the second season was too short. And I don't like the format as much as the first season. I get how giving a particular pair of partners the focus for an episode allows for more cohesive character development, but I liked how everything was a jumble in the first season. It was probably a more accurate depiction of how shit goes on, and captured the chaos of the environment. Now it seems more like a formulaic cop series. It's still good, but I think the first season was the really good one. Then again, the second season was so short, it's hard to really judge. I wonder how much of the format change was to improve ratings/justify picking up the show.