Law Abiding Citizen (Includes light spoilers)

Talisen

Law Abiding Citizen (Includes light spoilers)

Post by Talisen »

I don't know what it is about revenge movies, but I love them. I love seeing the dark side of a person come out when they lose everything and are forced to accept a botched justice system. They will give all that they have and use all of their abilities to come up with a way to get back at the world for fucking them over. I usually don't know who to root for.. the good guy gone bad or the good guy trying to stop the bad good guy.

****old movie spoiler
In Death Sentence (Kevin Bacon), a man watches his son get killed and takes matters into his own hands. He ends up getting the rest of his family killed because he has no clue what the hell he's doing. In the end everyone is dead, but on a relatively small scale.

****old movie spoiler
In Gran Torino (Clint Eastwood) you get a racist World War 2 vet become good friends with people who later get beat up. He ends up taking care of it in his own way. Again, small scale.

In Law Abiding Citizen.. he's not just a dad with a corporate job or an man who's had to do horrible things in his past. Sparta ain't got shit on what Gerard Butler does in this movie.

There was one part in particular that E V E R Y O N E in the theater was gasping in disbelief and exclaiming both excitement and terror at the same time. It is highly unexpected and there's no cheap shitty suspense, it.just.happens. You will know it when you see it.

I was also happy to see Smiley O'Brien in this movie too!

[edit]: How did a guy with hair like that ever get into being on television and in movies?:P
Aus
Homosexual Juggernaut

Re: Law Abiding Citizen (Includes light spoilers)

Post by Aus »

I also thought this movie was cool.
Kold
Guild Leader

Re: Law Abiding Citizen (Includes light spoilers)

Post by Kold »

Movie was cool until the ending.