The Faceless - Planetary Duality

Dwakenz

The Faceless - Planetary Duality

Post by Dwakenz »

None of you are probably familiar with me, I was a horde player on bonechewer.

I just thought I would drop by and inform you about a band that I have taking a big liking to. You may or may not have heard of them, but the faceless has recently released a new album titled "Planetary Duality."
If I had to classify it I would call it Technical Death metal, and I know a few of you are into that scene.
If you've heard of them, rock on. If you haven't, I highly recommend checking their new and old shit out. I have a feeling you will like it.
Let me know what you think! :)
greekrefugee
ASSHOLE

Re: The Faceless - Planetary Duality

Post by greekrefugee »

i was looking forward to this album, but was kind of like, meh, when it finally came out. i liked akeldama, but they didn't progress enough imo. guitarist is good and all, but too technical. needs a little soul in his playing. they're like meshuggah + random death metal band. need something original to have a sound of their own. that said, fun enough for what it is.

i'm hoping the new album from the human abstract will fill the hole for me. their second one was kind of a let down, but with aj back in the band as a producer and playing/cowriting some songs, i'm hoping it will be a return to nocturne. still one of my favorite progressive death albums. the dual guitar work on vela is fucking win.