gentlemen bastards

Karrde

gentlemen bastards

Post by Karrde »

This is a series by scott lynch, first book is called the lies of locke lamora. It's a pretty good book overall - follows a group of thieves in a city somewhat like medieval venice, but with magic and assassins. It reads somewhat like a fantasy ocean's 11. The sequel is also very good (red seas under red skies) with additional books on the way. Each book is somewhat a self contained adventure/story so its not too bad to read them slowly as each gets published.
Yoro

Re: gentlemen bastards

Post by Yoro »

This is a damn fun series, too bad it never took off the way it should have. I thought the second book was fun, but definitely shows signs of being written under a deadline. And in random trivia, Scott is a nelf rogue, and is the gm of a raiding guild.
Lazloth

Post by Lazloth »

Fun is definitely a good way to describe these. I don't recall the last time I laughed so hard and so often at a novel. Heaps of good old fashioned miscreant anti-authority foul-mouthed con-artist debauchery. Well worth the read.
(2:15:52 PM) Lazloth: i want
(2:16:04 PM) Lazloth: ...
(2:16:05 PM) Lazloth: something
(2:17:16 PM) Rael: Me too
(2:17:41 PM) Rael: But where do I find a car battery and a duck at this time of day
Lazloth

Post by Lazloth »

http://www.scottlynch.us/excerpts.html

Republic of Thieves preview. :)
(2:15:52 PM) Lazloth: i want
(2:16:04 PM) Lazloth: ...
(2:16:05 PM) Lazloth: something
(2:17:16 PM) Rael: Me too
(2:17:41 PM) Rael: But where do I find a car battery and a duck at this time of day