Mistborn - Brandon Sanderson

Lazloth

Mistborn - Brandon Sanderson

Post by Lazloth »

Recently finished the first volume (of three), and was really impressed. The book itself was entertaining and engaging, and wanted for very little despite being quite enjoyably fast paced. The characters are interesting and human and flawed and heroic, and the magic system is inventive and unique. All in all I really liked the book and can't wait to read the rest. His stand alone novel Elantris is supposed to also be quite good. I picked up the book in the first place after seeing comments made by a few authors I respect quite a bit that praised him, and it definitely seems his work is worth that praise. Furthermore, he is also the author Robert Jordan's widow picked to finish The Wheel Of Time, ultimately making him a very promising author to keep an eye on.
(2:15:52 PM) Lazloth: i want
(2:16:04 PM) Lazloth: ...
(2:16:05 PM) Lazloth: something
(2:17:16 PM) Rael: Me too
(2:17:41 PM) Rael: But where do I find a car battery and a duck at this time of day
Lazloth

Re: Mistborn - Brandon Sanderson

Post by Lazloth »

I've now read pretty much all his other work and its all really excellent as well. The first two books of Misborn are really fantastic, though the third admittedly is a little bit lacking in that is takes on a more formulaic theme and contains less of the magic and fun I really enjoyed in the first two books. It sort of twists into a creation story theme which I didn't much care for, but beyond that its still quite good. His stand alone novels Elantris and Warbreaker are also very much worth reading. Mistborn at least, ranks among some of my favorite fantasy literature I think.
(2:15:52 PM) Lazloth: i want
(2:16:04 PM) Lazloth: ...
(2:16:05 PM) Lazloth: something
(2:17:16 PM) Rael: Me too
(2:17:41 PM) Rael: But where do I find a car battery and a duck at this time of day