The Watchmen

Curador

The Watchmen

Post by Curador »

So I'm pretty excited for this. The Smashing Pumpkins song from it is amazing!
Anyone else excited?
Ferox

Re: The Watchmen

Post by Ferox »

Curador wrote:So I'm pretty excited for this. The Smashing Pumpkins song from it is amazing!
Anyone else excited?

might be more excited if it was in the movie subforum of the media section!

and that song is a remix from a song originally from batman & robin from the 90's fyi
I feel like you raped my soul
Curador

Post by Curador »

Ferox wrote:
Curador wrote:So I'm pretty excited for this. The Smashing Pumpkins song from it is amazing!
Anyone else excited?

might be more excited if it was in the movie subforum of the media section!

and that song is a remix from a song originally from batman & robin from the 90's fyi
I'm well aware of the song remix, hence i didn't say NEW smashing pumpkins song. :O
And I thought the general population should have a great input. :-p
Elvy

Post by Elvy »

i have no general knowledge of this movie and have only seen bits and pieces of the trailer. i must admit it has aroused my interest, i am sort of tired of the whole comic book/super hero genre though.
Curador

Post by Curador »

Elvy wrote:i have no general knowledge of this movie and have only seen bits and pieces of the trailer. i must admit it has aroused my interest, i am sort of tired of the whole comic book/super hero genre though.
"Watchmen" is set in an alternate 1985 America in which costumed superheroes are part of the fabric of everyday society, and the "Doomsday Clock" - which charts the USA's tension with the Soviet Union - is permanently set at five minutes to midnight. When one of his former colleagues is murdered, the washed up but no less determined masked vigilante Rorschach sets out to uncover a plot to kill and discredit all past and present superheroes. As he reconnects with his former crime-fighting legion - a ragtag group of retired superheroes, only one of whom has true powers - Rorschach glimpses a wide-ranging and disturbing conspiracy with links to their shared past and catastrophic consequences for the future. Their mission is to watch over humanity... but who is watching the Watchmen?"

Quoted from IMDB. I strongly agree with your super hero opinion. but this film seems a bit darker and more interesting considering only one of them has real powers.
Loggy

Post by Loggy »

It's not your typical superhero movie, it's more of a mystery.
Empyrea

Post by Empyrea »

Loved it! While probably a bit lower than The Dark Knight overall, much of the movie was more sinister and grittier than its super hero predecessor, so you can take that as your tastes see fit. Not as many bad ass moments like in Dark Knight/300, but there are definitely still some memorable scenes and lines. Worth the price of a movie ticket I'd say and at the very least a download and watch.

edit: also Aus makes a cameo appearance at the end of the movie!
ultra somnias, ultra memorias, omnia terminabit
Disparity

Post by Disparity »

I too very much enjoyed this movie. It seems like a modern tragedy with how the story plays out. I especially like the flawed heroes who show not only their human nature, but why superheroes cannot be the Utopian roll models that most sappy comic books make them out to be. Very dark, and a really cool climax. Definitely 2 thumbs up :)
All I see is Darkness... Oh wait, my hood is down.
Aus
Homosexual Juggernaut

Post by Aus »

Empyrea wrote:
edit: also Aus makes a cameo appearance at the end of the movie!
It's true. I was Dr. Manhattans giant penis.
Azurai

Post by Azurai »

It was a decent movie. The ending was meh, so anti-obvious that it seemed just as fake and run-of-the-mill. Rorschach was awesome though.
--Azurai

Xyrm

Post by Xyrm »

Aus wrote:
Empyrea wrote: edit: also Aus makes a cameo appearance at the end of the movie!
Can't be. Dr. Manhattan's penis was there through the whole movie.
Short summary of every Jewish holiday: they tried to kill us, we survived, let's eat!
Aus
Homosexual Juggernaut

Post by Aus »

Xyrm wrote:
Aus wrote:
Empyrea wrote: edit: also Aus makes a cameo appearance at the end of the movie!
Can't be. Dr. Manhattan's penis was there through the whole movie.
Shut up.
Talisen

Post by Talisen »

Dr. Manhattan can't get it up, so even if you were his penis you still wouldn't get any action. :(
Rael

Post by Rael »

Saw this tonight and I really enjoyed it. I'm reading the graphic novel too, so it was neat to see things on the page be translated directly for the screen. I didn't mind the ending and will even go so far to say I liked it, and I loved loved Rorschach.

And the blue penis wasn't that bad! :P
Rensy

Post by Rensy »

@ Azurai- Yeah uh that was kind of in the graphic novel so they did well by maintaining it... and to be honest I think it was a great ending. Manhattan has no use for mortal vengeance and no good would have came of his actions. Maybe you just mean the whole battle in Antarctica for great justice thing was kind of ridiculous, which it was... but we're talking about a movie that's based around the premise of Nixon getting a third term here.

@ Talisen- He can manipulate all matter including his penis.

@ Aus- It really wasn't that big... and I saw that shit at the I-Max on a 6 story screen

@ Rael- did it remind you of the one in your drawer?