Good PC Games

Fabalous
DOTA Feeder

Good PC Games

Post by Fabalous »

Looking for some good quality PC games to pass my free time with. I just got done with F.E.A.R 2 and Dawn of War 2. which were pretty fun. I've been reading over some of the game publishing websites lately and it seems not many good titles have come out lately as the PC gaming industry seems like it is slowing down.

So I figured I'd drop a thread here out here to see if anyone had any good suggestions as those mainstream gaming publicists can sometimes be too focused on mainstream titles and pass up on some low profile games that are really fun.

I'm currently sitting on Spore, Mirror's Edge and Farcry 2. Thinking of cracking into the new Farcry for fun.

FPSs, RTS and some RPGs are a plus.
Last edited by Fabalous on March 4th, 2009, 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mysticfox

Re: Good [b]PC[/b] Games

Post by Mysticfox »

FallOut 3 is supposed to be pretty good if you haven't played it yet. I played it for a little bit but it was right before WotLK launched, so I never really got too far into it.
Larias

Post by Larias »

I enjoyed Fallout 3 somewhat, but I liked the ones before it more.

GTIV on the PC is actually pretty good.

If you never did, you should go get Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2 for the PC. First is one of the best RPGs ever, 2nd one isnt bad either.

NWN: Mask of the Betrayer had an amazing storyline as well as being fun, but near the end, the scaling of power in 3.0/3.5 D&D made it kind of dumb/easy.

The Witcher was also pretty fun. It has a diverse combat system, good storytelling, good cinematics, good graphics. To me, its only failing was its terrible name.

LotRO was actually pretty fun too. If you like to play a story, play this game. I wish WoW told a comprehensive story half as well as LotRO does.
Fabalous
DOTA Feeder

Post by Fabalous »

Larias wrote:I enjoyed Fallout 3 somewhat, but I liked the ones before it more.

GTIV on the PC is actually pretty good.

If you never did, you should go get Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2 for the PC. First is one of the best RPGs ever, 2nd one isnt bad either.

NWN: Mask of the Betrayer had an amazing storyline as well as being fun, but near the end, the scaling of power in 3.0/3.5 D&D made it kind of dumb/easy.

The Witcher was also pretty fun. It has a diverse combat system, good storytelling, good cinematics, good graphics. To me, its only failing was its terrible name.

LotRO was actually pretty fun too. If you like to play a story, play this game. I wish WoW told a comprehensive story half as well as LotRO does.
Fallout 3 was fairly fun, I found the most difficult thing about it though was getting ammo early in the game playing through as good. Other than that the game over all was fairly easy.

I have KOTR I havent played it yet, did play the second one though... I hated it at first but it eventually picked up and I ended up having alot of fun with it.
Loggy

Re: Good PC Games

Post by Loggy »

Left 4 Dead is pretty good. I know a lot of my guildies play it online.
Urduro

Post by Urduro »

Mechcommander 1 was pretty awesome. Really old school game, won't work on a 64 bit O/S though. Heroes of Might and Magic 3, one of the best games I've ever played and still play, again, old school. The entire Baldurs Gate series. Crysis.... ummmm, I can definitely vouch for Left 4 Dead, although it got old after I beat it twice. Grid was actually a REALLY fun racing game. It's not the customizable game that Gran Turismo is, but it's realistic as a racing game as I've ever played. You hit a wall, your car's fucked. You hit another car, you're car's fucked up and their car is too. The handling, graphics, and overall feel of the game was really enjoyable. Unfortunately, it did get slightly repetitive after a bit, but it was worth the download.
Fabalous
DOTA Feeder

Post by Fabalous »

Loggy wrote:Left 4 Dead is pretty good. I know a lot of my guildies play it online.
I played the demo and couldnt justify paying for it... Plus i hear it's full of faggots that ragequit and ruin games in a similar fashion to that of DOTA... Man dota would pwn if people had shock packs strapped to thier nuts so if they left a game it would sterilize them...
greekrefugee
ASSHOLE

Post by greekrefugee »

Well yeah. In terms of social dynamics it's pretty much a cs pub server but with zombies instead of terrorists. So you have the people that flip out and quit because their team is sucking, and then you have that one dude that spends the whole fucking game on the mic telling everyone what to do, and then bitching when no one listens to his "awesome strats." If you get a few niggs together it's really fucking fun. Unfortunately, I haven't had much time to play it :(
Fabalous
DOTA Feeder

Post by Fabalous »

Just played through Mirror's Edge the past few days. It was a nice distraction for a bit. Game is very short, combat is kinda crappy, but once you get the controls down and get free flowing through levels it is some of the most fun I've had from an offbeat shooter. Hell even more so than some recent mainstream shooters. Devs should take note of this game and make the level in which players can move through a level and navigate obstacles the new standard for FPSs. I always found it very frustrating when there was a window i couldn't hope over, a ledge easily in reach i couldn't pull myself up to and a plethora of things i should have been able to do running at full speed like sliding.

Nice distraction from current games and if you can deal with some of it's short comings you might really enjoy it.