how do you guys balence a healthy life with Raiding?

What? You say there's life outside of WoW?
Similie

how do you guys balence a healthy life with Raiding?

Post by Similie »

How do you guys balence a full time job full time raiding and stay healthy?
Elvy

Re: how do you guys balence a healthy life with Raiding?

Post by Elvy »

wii fit
and correctly spelling balance.
Tluas
Number One Asshole

Post by Tluas »

chronic masturbation
"You're not a man 'til you've pulled a tooth out with a pair of pliers."
-Captain Phil Harris of the Cornelia Marie
Sixthy
Greatest Shaman in the World

Post by Sixthy »

Some of us are so large we aren't even allowed in car pools with their friends.
Big dicks in your ass is bad for your health
Rael

Post by Rael »

I'm so sorry and Aus and I are friends again.
Last edited by Rael on November 3rd, 2008, 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aus
Homosexual Juggernaut

Post by Aus »

Wow Rael that is messed up and not edited.
Reedu
Deadlock

Post by Reedu »

@OP: While our raid schedule says be ready to raid 7 days a week, that's not really a normal schedule. We spend the vast majority of time farming cleared content with ~5 days off per week.
Similie

Post by Similie »

Ya i understand that once you guys have everything on on farm status then your schedule opens up. I have recently started running after reading your forums and was wondering when WotLK comes out, what kind of time you still devote to your working out. I'm really excited about WotLK cause I just got in the #1 guild on my server (Frostmane, Kinetic... getting invite on the 13th of Nov) and going to go for server firsts and US firsts :P but I dont want to deviate from my comitment of running 3 miles in 30 mins by the end of the year. I work from 8am-4:30pm and raids are fom 6pm-12am Sunday-Thusday (untill farm status is acheived). I figuared if I were to ask anyone any advice about raiding and fitness it would be Vis Maior.

-Similie
Metzer
VM Warlock

Post by Metzer »

If you want the answer your looking for, its during crunch time there isn't a whole lot of time that can be dedicated to working out, or for matter of fact, anywhere else.

From what you posted, what your hoping to achieve can be done. When you get home from work, go do your workout for an hour. (how you spend your workout to reach your 3miles/30min goal is up to you) That leaves roughly 30min to come home and take a shower and cook food, or pick food up.
Eat while raiding.

But in all honesty, it sounds like your a bit out of shape. I don't mention that to mock, but rather tell you that you need more time than 1.5 hours to come home from work, change clothing, workout, cooldown, stretch, find food, prepare, food, shower, eat.
Something has to be sacrificed.

Some of us go workout after raids, in the morning hours. I run long distance myself, and usually ran at 12-1 midnight. I'm also in school and don't have a full time job, giving me time right after classes to work out before raids.
But I don't raid anymore, giving me lots of time for whatever, workouts included.
Has to be some give and take.
Sometimes, you just have to be fucking awesome.
Similie

Post by Similie »

Ya, I think what will happen is put off workouts on raid days untill we get farm status. Then like Reedu said after we start raiding 2-3 times a week my time will be more flexable. Thanks for everyones input!

-Similie
Dartanius

Post by Dartanius »

It's not too hard, you just have to prioritize and have everything ready. I work till 5est and raids start at 8est (usually between 6-7est during progression). Just need to prioritize things. During progression i'll try to go to the gym right after work before i get home. Have everything in the car and just head there. Helps that my GF lives with me and understands the hardcore mentality so dinner is ready when i get home with coffee brewing before she goes to sleep (for those 4am raid nights). Some days you won't be able to workout simply because you're too tired. If you do, you're likely to faceplant mid raid. Just commit that much harder once the progression is done and its lol afk 5 days farm status.
Darthn - LVL 80 Feral Druid - Premonition (Sen'jin)