your set of armor for pvp

General Forum for the Public
saemour

your set of armor for pvp

Post by saemour »

here's what i was wondering, if you get a full set of green "of arcane wrath" or whatever, could you make your spells do that much more damage?

i know i'm not even in this guild but i just thought i'd ask while i was here. i was thinking of getting a whole lot of arcane wrath gear so i could spam moonfire with extra power, haha would that work?

just an idea. the rest of your stats would blow but your moonfire would do twice as much, or more.
Sebboh

Post by Sebboh »

does +arcane also add to the dmg of the dot? BTW, the text doesn't update for your +spells items on your spells, so it's difficult to know just how much damage you are adding, thanks to blizzard's funky ass +dmg spells system. You should also remember that you'll be wearing a lot less stamina and intellect items, so is the extra damage worth sacraficing being able to cast 15 more spells?
Geeman

Post by Geeman »

From what I understand from the +damage system, the amount of the +damage added to each spell is due to the casting time or if it is a channeling spell. Since moonfire is instant, I don't think it would have much effect at all. Darkmech has been toying around with a moonfire build and is getting 600 crits I believe. You might want to send him a private message and ask him for advice.