Question about Quel'Serrar quest.

General Forum for the Public
Syres

Question about Quel'Serrar quest.

Post by Syres »

Hey, I was jsut curious for the forging of quel'serrar quest, if Onyxia has to do a Deep Breath on the sword or just her regular flame breath cone aoe.

Thanks in advance :)
Kold

Post by Kold »

Just her normal flame breath. What you wanna do is hold it until phase 3 when it looks like a win. Somewhere around 15-20% should give you ample time to get her to breath on it. The second you place it, just ignore it. You just leave it there until she's dead, then pick it up afterwards and drive it into her corpse by right clicking while standing on her. Then just take it back to DM at your leisure.

-Kold
Syres

Post by Syres »

Thanks alot Kold. Just wanted to get it right since I've been hearing conflicting info. :)
Biffins

Post by Biffins »

The timer you have is between when you plant it, and when u pick it up and stab her corpse with it. Thats why its best in phase 3. Also, drop it near the MT since her breath (hopefully) won't hit your casters.
Syres

Post by Syres »

Well I will be that main tank so that shouldn't be a problem :). Do you remember how long the timer is though? I've heard that it's best to drop it at 5% since you might not have enough time to pick it up and stab her with it. Also, if you die and get rezzed after she dies, are you still able to pick it up and stab her with it (assuming she has already 'fired' the blade)?

I probably shoulda asked this before we killed her last night but I got a Helm of Wrath out of it so it wasn't a complete loss :).
Kold

Post by Kold »

You have 20 minutes to pick it up after you place it in front of her.

Grats on helm! We've yet to have one drop.

-Kold
Laaz

Post by Laaz »

Quel serrar sucks my new weap > all

SS
http://img40.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img40&im ... in13ux.jpg
Sebboh

Post by Sebboh »

:lol: :asshole: :facesjump: :laugh: :hitit: :eek: